Chapter 7

After they dropped Kira off at her home, they headed for the vet's office. Dr. Deaton drove much faster than the speed limit ordered him to and normally he wouldn't do that, but Scott was regaining his consciousness.

In a few moments, he became completely lucid, feeling the pain of every burn and every cut, unbearable even for someone with a pain threshold as high as a supernatural creature of his kind, and started screaming.

Isaac, who sat next to him in the back grabbed his arms so he wouldn't hurt himself more than he already was. It didn't take very long, because Scott passed out again. Even though on some of his injuries an improvement was visible, his condition was still too severe, but hopefully not for much longer.

When they parked in the back of the building where Dr. Deaton worked, Scott was still out. They carried him into the operating room and put him on the table. Deaton immediately started treating him. He cleaned his wounds and applied a plenty of ointments and oils to help with the healing process.

----------------------

Scott kept on losing and regaining his conciousness for almost an hour until he got well enough to stay awake. He didn't look very good just yet, but still far better than when they found him. He was laying on the table, not moving too much, saving his energy. Isaac and Deaton left him there for a while to rest. When they came back, he was in pain, but at least it was manageable and he could talk to the others.

"What the hell happened out there?" Isaac asked curiously.

Scott took a moment to put all the pieces together and told them about the Nogitsune coming and the car exploding. He really couldn't say much more, because everything happened while he was out.

"Scott, you know," Isaac started, "sheriff Stilinski got shot."

"Did he do that?" Scott asked quite angrily.

"Probably. Kira will come soon and tell us everything that happened." Isaac said and left the room to answer his ringing phone.

"Dr. Deaton," Scott started after a quiet moment, "what are we going to do? He is always a step ahead of us." He sounded concerned.

"For now, I will prepare injection with Letharia Vulpina. It's a thing we have already done, but it's also the only thing we are sure that works." Dr. Deaton said and immediately started preparing the needles. "I will make stronger doses, just to make sure."

He finished in no time and put all the syringes on the table.

Isaac came back and told the rest that he spoke with Lydia. She didn't say much, but she was on her way and was about to come in a few minutes.

------------------------------------

She did so, actually storming into the room. When Scott saw her, he tried to sit and even though the pain was still there, it was much better.. She sat down, trying to catch her breath and told them everything she knew.

"It's not very good so far." She started, making everyone feel uneasy. "Well, they were talking in the doctor's language a lot and didn't want to tell me anything, because I am not related to him, but Melissa came and found out for me."

Scott heard his mom's name and got. She didn't deserve to be sucked into this mess.

"Does she know what happened to me?" He asked.

"No, I didn't want to scare her even more, I only told her there was an accident." Lydia said.

"So, what with the sheriff?" Isaac impatiently jumped in.

"Well, he was in a surgery, he is out and stable, but he hasn't woken up yet. They said it's a waiting game now."

"Ok." Scott tiredly sighed.

They had next to no idea what happened and Kira didn't get to them yet.

"There is one more thing," Lydia said, getting everyone's attention, "when we were in the ambulance, he regained his conciousness for a few seconds."

"Well, that's a good sign, isn't it?" Scott asked.

"Honestly, I don't know, but the point is, that he said something to me. I went over it a hundred times and I am sure that he said 'It was Stiles. It really was him.'"

Everyone looked at her with undisguised surprise and confusion.

"Didn't he mean that it was Stiles who did it? That the Nogitsune shot him?" Isaac started.

"I don't know. I don't know what it means, if there is the real Stiles somewhere, I don't know anything honestly, but I know what said this." She answered.

"Lydia, are you one hundred percent sure?" Scott was being very careful with getting his hopes up again. "Yes. I am sure he said these words exactly." She replied persuasively.

"What the hell." Isaac just said with resigning tone, not understanding a thing.

"Dr. Deaton," Scott turned to him, "do you thing it is possible that it really was him?"

"I wouldn't know, but frankly, I don't think they have separated again, in my opinion the result of such action would be fatal for both of them. Maybe there is some sort of inner fight going on, which would make more sense, but I certainly don't want to jump to conclusions." Dr. Deaton honestly answered.

--------------------------------------

They debated for a while, when a loud bang could be heard from outside the door. Isaac went to see what was going on, when the door flew open and a person run in. It was the one looking like their friend.

Everyone was so confused by his actions that they just stood there, doing nothing while facing a possible threat. Scott would normally be the one to keep his cool and either prepare to fight or help if needed, but he wasn't in a shape neither to stand up to someone or stand up yet.

No one moved a muscle as they watched Stiles, getting through the room. He wasn't able to walk without being supported by a wall. He was blabbering something and kept his head down, not making any eye contact. He focused on the table Scott was sitting on. He stopped talking, let go of the wall and made his way right to the spot his eyes pointed to. He stopped in front of the table, looked at Scott and started breathing very heavily, almost as if he was about to scream his lungs out.

Isaac realized Scott wouldn't be able to defend himself in his state and headed towards them through the room, when the Nogitsune picked up the needle laying right next to Scott. His arms turned against himself, as he stabbed it in his neck and weakened collapsed to the floor.