Chapter 13

Scott picked up one of the knives on the floor too and was about to attack the last Oni standing when it disappeared. He knew the Nogitsune was still in the house, probably in Stiles' room, but he rather checked on Lydia.

"Are you alright?" He asked and looked at her hand.

"Yes, I'm good, thanks." She said truthfully, as the cut on her hand was so superficial it didn't even hurt.

Lydia then run to a window to check if Dr. Deaton is okay. He was just being put on a stretcher and into an ambulance. Lydia could see he was talking to the staff, probably making up some story about how he clumsily fell down the stairs, looking good as far as possible at the moment.

Melissa got to the ambulance with them and as the door of the car closed, she spotted her son in the window and calmly nodded.

Both Scott and Lydia felt relief that Dr. Deaton is going to be fine.

"I think he's in the bedroom." Scott whispered to Lydia.

She nodded and they both starting slowly moving towards its door.

"Keep right behind me, okay?" Scott asked, so they wouldn't get separated.

"Yes, don't worry." Lydia reassured him.

He took the injection of Letharia Vulpina out of his pocket, not really thinking he would be able to use it anymore.

The door was open and as they were approaching it. Scott carefully peeked inside to see noone. He leaned his body even more in the direction until he fully stood in front of the door, looking into an empty room. They both came in to look around, thinking they could maybe find something useful as the Nogitsune was apparently staying there.

Lydia was still following Scott, when the last Oni appeared behind her. Before they could even notice and do anything, the Oni grabbed Lydia by her neck and took its katana out. Scott wanted to do something, but was struck by the Nogitsune appearing at the door.

He slowly entered the room, stopping only few centimeters away from Scott. They were looking into each other's eyes, hostile looks from both sides. Even though Scott was trying to keep calm, he was upset because all he saw in Stiles' eyes was pure evil.

Scott slowly started moving his hand up, holding the injection, hoping the Nogitsune wouldn't notice.

"Seriously, Scott?" He asked sounding offended at how could Scott even think he would not know what he is trying to do. "Move and Lydia pays for it." He threatened them.

The Oni held Lydia by her neck, not too much so she could breath, but enough for her not to be able to try anything.

"I am both surprised and impressed at how stupid you are to try to come after me again." The Nogitsune said. "With the same plan. Really." He added mockingly.

The whole time he was looking into Scott's eyes without a flinch.

"You know, my plan was slightly different here, but for you, I am willing to make an exception." He smiled, his eyes lightening up with excitement. "I have something for you," the Nogitsune continued, "something I only wanted to keep for myself, but I just can't resist."

Scott was trying his best not to show how uncomfortable and scared he was. The Nogitsune calmly took the injection out of Scott's hand and dropped it on the floor, Scott unable to oppose.

"Something you will never forget." He finished and buried his hand in Scott's chest, reaching for his heart.

Scott felt a sudden wave of weakness followed by an undescribable amount of pain, as if thousand needles charged with electricity were being pushed into his heart muscle. It only lasted for a split second.

The Nogitsune took his hand out and leaned to Scott. "Or will you?" He added as Scott fell to the ground.

Lydia let out a gasp as she witnessed what happened. The Oni was still holding her and she realised the silver knife was still in her pocket from before. She took it out and instictively shoved it into the shadow behind her, stabbing the Oni's side.

The light blinded her for the last time and she was free to move again, instantly running to Scott lying on the ground, but the Nogitsune got in her way.

"Why are you doing this?" She cried out, not expecting an answer.

"Oh dear, I am only giving back what they deserve." She got one anyway, not knowing why it sounded as if it didn't involve her at all.

"Is he still alive?" She asked for Stiles, her voice shaking.

"Alive?" He asked and smiled, his eyes burning with satisfaction. "Since your little Kitsune friend probably killed his father, he is the brain of this whole operation, honey. Stiles is on my side now." The Nogitsune answered.

She refused to believe any of that, but the part about her best friend, the boy she loved, being so smart, got stuck in her head, because she knew it was nothing but thruth.

The Nogitsune headed out, whispering to Lydia's ear when he passed her. "See you soon."

She run to Scott and checked if his heart was beating. It was, along with his ribcage expanding with every breath he took. He opened his eyes almost immediately and Lydia's eyes watered up, as she was happy he is alive.

"What happened?" Scott asked, sitting up.

"It's okay, we are at Stiles' house, the Nogitsune did something to you, but you will be alright." She said.

Scott seemed confused. "What the hell are you talking about?"

Lydia felt something wasn't right, but thought it could only be shock or something.

Scott felt good enough to stand up, so they both did.

"Lydia, why are we here? Where is Stiles, is he downstairs with his dad or what?" He asked.

Lydia realised Scott didn't remember anything.