Double Trouble

A few months have gone by since I first arrived in England. Carter and I have gotten closer and I still haven’t loss the deal I had with Ethan. I’ve kept in touch with my mother since I didn’t want her to worry and I told her I’ll be back soon but to keep my whereabouts a secret. I haven’t spoken to Michael or Lucas since I’ve left. I changed my number so no one could reach me and Carter didn’t have his phone so we were kept well hidden. Carter and I are officially apart of the Royal Guard. We have already been on two missions.   

One day Carter and I were walking through the orchard when we heard a loud growl from inside the castle. We didn’t waste any time and hurried towards the castle. Once we got there we saw a wolf chained to the ground with silver chains and a male being held back by a few guards.

“Where is she?” the male shouted.

“Calm down,” one of the guards shouted and I quickened my pace there was something very familiar about the guy who was being held back.

“I will not calm down until you tell me where the hell is Rosa!”

“I am here,” I said calmly as I neared the scene. I noticed that the man that they were holding was Lucas and I was sure that the wolf that was chained to the floor is Michael. 

“Hello Rosa,” he said bitterly.

“Lucas,” I said then turned to Michael who was now in his human form.

“What brings you here?” Carter asked wrapping an arm around my waist.

“Well for starters,” Michael began to answer then said, “Who the hell are you?”

“I am Carter, Rosa’s boyfriend,” Carter replied bringing me closer into his side.

“Is this true?” Lucas asked and I nodded.

“You’re the one who took her from me!” Michael shouted.

“How dare you speak to him like that,” I yelled back. “He did nothing wrong. If you want to be upset with anyone it should be me since I am the one who came here on my own free will.”

“Are you serious?” Michael asked in disbelief.

“Do I look like I’m kidding,” I said sharply. Michael searched my eyes for any signs of weakness then gave up when he saw I wasn’t hiding anything. “Now state your business.”

“We came to see you,” Lucas said.

“Why?” I asked.

“What do you mean why?” Michael asked his voice rising.

“Michael,” Lucas warned but he ignored him.

“My best friend wasn’t there for me when I needed her!” he shouted at me and I flinched. “I lost my mate in a rogue attack and almost lost my life to and you weren’t even there to answer my call. You weren’t there for her funeral. You weren’t even there the night they found me after I attempted to commit suicide!  You are never there anymore Rosa! I needed you and I still need you but I know you’re not going to be here for me. You’ve changed so much you’re not the girl I fell in love with. You’re not the girl I called my best friend. I don’t even know who you are anymore.”

“Michael,” I said on the verge of tears while taking a step towards him.

“Don’t come near me!” he shouted then ran away. I stared at his retreating back feeling like the most horrible person in the world.

“Just give him some time he’ll come around,” Lucas said.

“Lucas,” I said hugging him and letting my tears fall.