Coming Back Home

It has been a year since I’ve been in South Dakota. After travelling to all fifty states meeting, the strongest packs in each state I started to miss my old pack. Therefore, when the time came near for me to be heading home the strongest Alpha in the United States almost begged me to stay with his pack. It was a tempting offer to be a member of the Crescent Moon pack in California but I reminded him of my promise to my mom and he reluctantly let me go even though convincing him was not as hard as convincing the Royals of our kind. Now that took a whole lot of convincing. At one point, I thought the King was going to order me to stay but he didn’t and I was grateful for that.

As I ran through the Shadow’s pack territory I saw to familiar wolves come up beside me. I gave them a playful bark and they barked back picking up speed. Oh, so they are challenging me to a race I thought and picked up speed. Before I knew it, I passed them and beat them landing into my old pack’s territory I immediately slowed down when I saw two wolves coming towards me at full speed. They both attacked me pinning me to the ground, I growled at them trying to tell them to let me go, and they did by changing back into their human forms.  I saw the faces of Michael and his best friend besides me that is, Lucas. I howled out my return and immediately shifted back into my human form. The boys attacked me with a group hug. I laughed while being smothered in there warm embrace.

“Hey guys,” I said still laughing. They broke away and smiled.

 “Hello Rosa,” Lucas said in a deep voice. Dang puberty hit him hard he was only a wear older than me but he still sounded like a man.

 “Hello Lucas,” I said smiling at him.

 “Hello my lovely Rosa,” Michael said giving me a warm smile.

 “Hello Michael,” I said grinning.

 “We almost thought you weren’t going to come,” Michael said and I noticed how dark it was outside.

 “Oh sorry to keep you waiting boys,” I said.

 “It’s okay,” Lucas, answered, “Want to race back to the pack house?”

 “Hell yeah,” I said and took off without a second thought.

“Hey that’s not fair!” I could hear Michael cry out in the distance. Soon enough they were both behind me someone nipped my leg and I wacked my tail in their face. I started to speed up and dashed out of the forest hardly breaking a sweat. I shifted and waited for Michael and Lucas as they exited the forest. They shifted falling on their hands and knees trying to catch their breath. I chuckled to myself seeing how winded they were.

“You win,” Lucas said breathlessly.

“Of course I win,” I said laughing. I walked over and helped them up and we walked into the pack house. I was hit with everyone’s scent and one unfamiliar scent it almost smelled like a human. The boys weren’t by my side anymore and the house was dark. I went into the waiting room and the lights flicked on.

“Happy birthday Rosa!” everyone shouted and my eyes went wide with shock. There stood most of the pack with grins on their faces. I looked over everyone and found the source of the human scent it was a girl around my age with short blond hair and green eyes. 

 “Thanks everyone,” I said smiling.

 “Group hug,” someone said and the whole pack surrounded me with the biggest hug in history.

 After everyone started to separate I started to mingle with some of the people saying hello to some of my old friends and even to the elders. I finally made my way to Marsha and she enveloped me with a motherly hug.

 “I’m glad your back Rosa,” she said after we broke apart.

 “I’m glad to be back,” I said giving her a warm smile.