random 1 - kyoujurou (headcannon)

Kyoujurou's Habit:
Fingers tapping on a surface if impatient.

___

You noticed it when the two of you were waiting for the other pillars to arrive for the meeting.

You were curious on whose the person to be first when arriving at said meetings - so you woke up early and still dark out to go to the revenue, only to see Kyoujurou sitting on a rock with his arms crossed.

The man was facing east and you had a feeling he's waiting for the sun to rise - which is weird, because you thought you'd find him training while waiting for day break, but no - he's just sitting there, unblinking with that unmoving smile on his face.

You find it unsettling when he didn't notice you when you sat by the engawa, but then again - you wouldn't be called the shadow pillar for nothing.

At first glance, you thought he's really sturdy for not even flinching in his uncomfortable looking way of sitting. You thought of how patience he was for doing something so... questionably impressive.

But your eyes caught miniscule movements from his arms, and you noticed how his fingers tap rhythmically to a beat you can't hear.

You tilted your head, confused and interested.

"Why are you tapping your fingers like that Rengoku-san?"

He flinched noticeably in the dark, before sharply turning his head at you eerily.

"Oh," his sharp gaze softened, but you are still afraid on how quick he drew his katana towards you.

You laughed nervously at how terrifying he looks with his head down and eyes on you - the glint of his blade in the darkness adding up to that effect. 'Never bother Kyoujurou when he's on edge.'

"Oh." Relieved, he sounded like that. The man shot you a charming smile that reached his eyes. "It's just you."

"Yes, it's just me." You raised your black haori and shrouded yourself. "The shadow."

Kyoujurou blinked at your display, before guffawing a ginger laugh in reply to your quirky introduction, and he put back his blade back to its scabbard.

"So why are you tapping your fingers?" You asked by the porch, not moving an inch while he returns to his seat, just sitting in a way that he's facing you this time.

He tilted his head and grinned at your curiousity, seeming looking flattered that you ask something about him. "It's a habit, (Last Name)-san."

You blinked dumbly at that, the gears in your mind stopping. It's like a revelation. To have someone seemingly perfect like him to develop something like a 'habit'.
"So you do this," you copied him and you think you saw his smile stretched a bit, "because ... you get impatient?"

"Most times." Kyoujurou nodded, crossing his arms.

"Ah."

The two of you shared a stare, one that makes the static air between you halt into something else - you immediately looked down on the floor after you realized how intimate it felt to have such contact with a man that is sitting meters away from you.