blind - giyuu (angst)

To pretend to know nothing gathered the ocean in his hollowed eyes.

___

"You're late."

Again.

You almost dropped your keys down on the floor at the voice of your husband; tired, but ever devoted.

He's reading his lesson plans once again - the same couch when you left him, the same expression on his face - but you've noticed the bags under his eyes, the monochrome in his voice. It hurts to see the one you love become like this. Emotionless. A robot.

Yet, it doesn't seem to stop you from straying.

Shuffling and calming your nerves, you swiftly gave your husband a kiss on the cheek, hugging his head with tired arms while inhaling the shampoo the both of you shared.

The ocean. Such a calming smell.

"I'm sorry love, there's been a traffic."

Reasons.

You seem to be full of them lately.

So many invaluable excuses that deterred his nerves and silently fried his patience and sanity.

Yet... he believes them.

Love had made him blind, willingly,unwillingly and it consumes him into the deep abyss of tar and hopelessness.

But having him in your embrace - your hair trickling the side of his face, and soaking in your attention - just this love-filled hug instilled fondness in his heart.

A fondness, a hope, that for once; he can pretend that nothing is wrong.

But he knows.

He knows that something is wrong and it's too clear it hurts.

His tired frame relaxed against your own, fingers curling around the fabric of your clothes and pushed himself against you. You chuckled at his ministration, threading your hand in his hairs and scratched on his scalp.

"Come home earlier?"

It was stated in an apathetic voice, monotone and dead like the night - and he waited for your words, patiently and dotingly as he always be.

Your fingers stopped their tender movements and so did his heart.

"I'll try."

Closing his eyes, he nodded weakly. The burning sensation returned on his lids, but he swallowed them with difficulty that dried his throat.

He took a breathe to slow his breaking heart, and he wished he didn't.

Giyuu could smell Sabito's scent all over you.

"Giyuu?" His name in your voice sounds so foreign; it no longer gave his heart a moment to pump - it only stabbed it with an icy dagger of disbelief. "What's wrong?"

He pulled away with shaky hands and returned to his work without looking you in the eyes. Your voice seems to be loss with the static in his ears as he ignored you.

"Nothing."

His reply was as cold as your infidelity.

A glow caught his attention and he grimaced.

The golden ring shining against the low light of his lamp mocked the promise you made for him.

But Giyuu doesn't have the heart to remove it in a blind hope that one day... one day, you'll return to him.

___

But stubborn tears won't fall, as his heart continues so.