Chapter 15: You're no lady

The third task is a maze. Knowing this tournament though, it won't be a regular maze. We're expecting something horrifying and deadly.

"We should start with like handy spells. Like the ones that can help us when we're hurt or something," I told Harry during lunch one afternoon. "After that we can move on to jinxes and hexes for disarming or attack."

"You're right. We're way behind on the others in terms of knowledge. They have quite an advancement," Harry agreed.

"Well, I'll help you guys," offered Hermione. "First we should do some research. Figure out which spells are useful."

"Look, why are you guys so worked up. Why can't Ari just use her tricks and predict what will happen? Then we'll act according to that," said Ron.

"Ron, I told you I can't do it on command. Besides we can't change the future so knowing what's coming might only make us worry more," I replied.

"Let's meet in the library this afternoon then, yeah?" Asked Harry. The three of us nodded.

After my afternoon class, double Runes with Hermione, the two of us headed towards the library. After a while we had collected a list consisting of about 40 spells. We decided on using spare classrooms after classes and during the weekends. We had a month to learn all the spells on the list.

Some spells were way easier than others. The disarming spell was one of the easier ones, but I found the stun charm to be much harder. Harry was a natural at almost everything he did, which we found out about one particular afternoon. Ron and I were laughing so hard and gasping for air after Hermione tried the jelly leg jinx on Harry before figuring out the counter spell, making him wobble for a good ten minutes.

"Okay, enough guys. Can we move on now?" Asked Harry in all seriousness.

"Alright," said Ron trying not to laugh, which made me laugh and we were wheezing again. After I saw the look on Harry's face I stopped laughing and stood up from the ground.

"We'll stop, Grumpy-pants, but you have to admit that if Ron were wobbling like that you'd be the one on the floor with me," I said and playfully punched his shoulder. He chuckled and agreed.

After ages of practicing we finally went up to dinner. I sat with the Ravenclaws for a while, but moved over the the Gryffindor table in time for pudding. I wiggled my self into a spot in between the Weasley twins.

"Hi boys, had any business succes lately?" I asked. I haven't heard them speak about their joke shop ever since I read their tea leaves.

"No, not yet. We're in a bit of a pickle with someone, but we'll be okay. No need to worry," said Fred.

"How are you doing?" Asked George. "We haven't seen you in the common room lately. No more sleep overs with Harry? Trouble in paradise?" He asked jokingly.

"Hah hah. Funny as ever you two," I responded.

"Well, George, we have a letter to write," said Fred. George nodded and the two of them walked up the stairs. I scooted over towards Ron who was sitting next to the twins before I came over.

"Bonsoir, cousin," I said in French. Ron looked at me in awe.

"You speak French?" Asked Ron.

"I know the odd sentence, but I can't actually speak French," I explained, hoping he'd let it go before-

"Can you teach me some?" Asked Ron. I sighed.

"Why...?" I asked tentatively.

"Oh, you know those Beauxbatons girl's might be impressed by someone who knows French," explained Ron matter-of-factly.