{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Hey dad... *smiles back at him*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Hey son, how are you feeling? *walks over and places his hand on Virgil's forearm*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Well, oddly enough, I feel a bit tired... but I'm hella sore from this horrible bed and can't wait to get out of it! *chuckles*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Well that's to be expected. I'll send Ralph's wife in to check up on you and see how you're doing. *turns to leave but is stopped*

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Dad wait... two weeks? Then what happened with the holmgang? Did Viktor get the title? *looks back and forth from his dad and Selene*

{ ⋆ Selene ⋆ }*her eyes are downcast and her lip trembles slightly* Virgil... I...

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } No, Viktor did not win, and in fact he lost... his funeral will be in 2 days time.

Selene had looked at Ulfric as he took over talking and saw that there was a soft understanding (and possibly, relief?) in his eyes. He didn't hate her for killing his eldest son.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } What the fuck? Funeral? *tries to sit up but winces and lays back down*

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Easy Virgil, let me explain. *takes a deep breath in and sighs* The holmgang HAD to be fulfilled at it's designated time, otherwise you would have forfeited.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Soooo then what happened? Why is Viktor dead? Who killed him? *growls with anger*

Selene was so ashamed. She expected that he wouldn't be happy about her taking his place to battle his brother, but she still wasn't prepared for his anger and hate for killing him.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Someone took your place, and due to some heated words between the two contenders, it was decided between them that it would be a fight to the death.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ }WHY DIDN'T YOU STOP IT!?

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Because I can't! Those are the laws written long before my time and if I changed them this time, it would undermine my whole authority as Alpha King and it would be chaos among the packs. I can NOT allow favoritism among my own ranks, no matter how close to home it is.

Virgil just scoffs and crosses his arms. He hasn't even looked towards Selene yet and she knew once he did, she would no longer be his mate and he would reject her. She was now biting the inside of her cheek to hold back the tears.

{ ⋆ Ulfric (King) ⋆ } Either way, my hands were tied. The battle happened and the person who took your place, won... which means they killed Viktor, making you the next in line to be Alpha King. And before you even think about saying anything about the person who took your place and killed your brother, know that the person didn't want things to end that way but it had to be done. Even gave him mercy when he probably wouldn't have shown any for anyone else.

{ ⋆ Virgil ⋆ } Who took my place!? *he asks, fury still in his tone*

Virgil was looking intently at his father when he saw his old man's eyes shift towards Selene and then back. Virgil's eyes widened as he looked at Selene. Her head was downcast, apparent shame and regret hanging over her like a dark cloud.