Chapter 2

Vijay's POV

I walk into the bakery after dropping Nivi at school. Right when I enter, Rajendra comes down.

"Niviki Cheppava Vijay?" he asks.

"Did you tell Nivi Vijay?" he asks.

"Cheppan anna. Ninna rathri cheppanu." I reply.

"I told her anna(Brother). I told her last night." I reply.

"Em analeda?"

"She didn't say anything?"

"Ledu anna. Bane unnindi. Photolu choopinchanu."

"No anna. She was fine. I had shown her the photos too."

He just nods, and we start getting customers. The day continues, taking orders, making orders, packing, giving.

Nivi's POV

Baby dropped to me off at school. Last night, he had told me about my mother. I don't feel sad. I have my baby with me. Yea, it would be nice if I also had a mother, but sometimes, things happen. I walk up to the class.

"May I come in mam?" I say.

"Nivi, enti lateu?" Pallavi madam asks.

"Nivi, why are you late?" Pallavi madam asks.

"Mam, mam. baby levaledu mam."

"Mam, mam. Baby didn't wake up mam."

"Roju ide chepthunnavu. Lopalaki ra." she says.

"You say the same thing everyday. Come inside." she says.

I walk into the class, and sit down at my bench.

"Class, today is Mother's day." Pallavi teacher says.

"Today, we will talk about our mother, and we will make gifts for our mother." She tells us. "Ok?"

"Ok mam." the entire class answers in unison.

"Good. Now, each one of you stand up and tell about your mother. I told you all yesterday to be ready to talk about your mother right? First, Anisha." Pallavi mam says.

I didn't tell baby about the talking about mother part. I could tell he was already sad talking about amma(mother).

"My mother's name is Meera. My mother is very nice. She makes food for me and gets me ready everyday. My mother takes care of me and my brother. She buys me lots of toys and dresses. My mother drops me off at school. After school over, she takes me to eat ice cream. I love my mother." Anisha says.

"Good. Now, Ajay."

"My mother's name is Shamitha. She is a very good mother. She cooks for me and helps me with my homework. She teaches me things, and buys me so many toys. She_" Ajay continues, but i zone out. Soon, the person next to me talks. I feel scared to talk about my mother. I never knew her that well. I still have the photos that baby had shown me last night. They are in my school bag.

"Pandith." mam calls. I raise my hand. "Yes Nivi?"

"Mam, you didn't call me mam."

"Nivi, your mother..." she says. Wait, how does Pallavi mam know that I don't have a mother?

"Its ok mam. Baby told me about her."

"Ok then." mam says, nodding for me to talk.

"My mother's name was Mithra. She is not with me or baby anymore. My mother was killed by some bad guys who had come to my house when I was only one. They killed my mother and my grandmother, but baby saved me. I wish I had a mother, but I am happy, because baby is my mother and father." I say.

"Thank you Nivi. Now, Pandith." Pallavi madam says. I can almost see tears in her eyes. Why? I wonder

**After school**

I sit in front of the school, on the step, waiting for baby. He is very late. 

"Nivi?" Pallavi madam comes and sits next to me.

"Yes mam?" I say.

"No one is here?" she asks.

"No mam."

"Ok. Can I talk to you?"

"Yes mam." I reply.

Vijay's POV

I look at the clock on the wall and see that the time is already 4:47. I am very late today.

"Anna, nenu Nivini school nunchi theesukoni ravali vel-" I start saying to Rajendhra.

"Anna, I have to go pick Nivi up from school. I'm go-" I start saying to Rajendhra.

"Baby!" Nivi says, running into the bakery. Behind her, a familiar woman walks in, smiling. Nivi comes and hugs me. I lift her up and turn her around.

"Baby, this is my Pallavi teacher. She dropped me from school today." Nivi says.

"Oh. Sorry Nivi. Late aypoyindi." I say.

"Oh. Sorry Nivi. I got late." I say.

"Parvaledu le baby."

"Its ok Baby."

I turn to Pallavi teacher.

"Thanks andi. Eeroju chaala pani unindi, so time choosukoledu. Sorry." I say.

"Thanks mam. We had a lot of work today, and I didn't keep track of the time. Sorry." I say.

"Oh, no. It's ok." she replies. I smile at her. "Bye Nivi." she says to Nivi.

"Bye mam." Nivi says to her, waving.

I stare after her. She looks familiar. I just don't know why...

Hey friends. I hope you like the story. Please comment on how it is so far, and also check out my other books. Also please check out my other account, pranu22.