Chapter 20

Vijay's POV

I walk into the station.

"Sir, sir, please sir. Maa ammayi kanipinchatledu sir." A woman is crying as she talks to a constable.

"Sir, sir, please sir. My daughter is missing sit." A woman is crying as she talks to a constable.

"Em parledamma, DCP gaaru vachaka ainatho maatladu." The constable tells the woman.

"It's okay ma'am, talk to DCP sir once he's here." The constable tells the woman.

"Karan" I call the constable over.

"Sir?" He asks when he comes to me.

"Emaindi?" I ask.

"What happened?" I ask.

"Sir, thinu ammayi kanipinchatledani podduna nunchi ikkade kurchundi sir." Karan replies.

"Sir, she has been sitting here since morning saying her daughter's missing sir." Karan replies.

"Lopaliki pampinchu, maatladutha." I say.

"Send her in, I'll talk to her." I say.

"Sare sir."

"Okay sir."

I walk into my office and sit in my chair. A few moments later the woman walks in.

"Kurchondamma." I say gesturing to the chair.

"Sit ma'am." I say gesturing to the chair.

"Thank you sir." She says as she sits down.

"Cheppandamma, em jarigindi?" I ask.

"Tell me ma'am, what happened?" I ask.

"Sir, monna raatri maa ammayi phone chesindi sir. Friend vaalla intlo untanu amma ani cheppindi sir. Kaani-" The woman chokes and starts crying.

"Sir, the day before yesterday, at night, my daughter called me sir. She said she was going to stay at a friend's house sit. But-" The woman chokes and starts crying.

I wait for her to compose herself.

"Cheppandamma." I prompt her.

"Tell me ma'am." I prompt her.

She sniffs before continuing.

"Aa tharuvatha thanu intiki raaledu, naaku call cheyyaledu. Thana friend ki phone chesthe Vidya raaledu ani cheppindi. Phone switch off ani vasthondi sir." She starts crying again.

"After that she didn't come home or call me. I called her friend and she told me that Vidya didn't come to her house. Her phone is switched off sir." She starts crying again.

I nod as I try to process what the woman told me.

"Mee ammayi age entha amma?" I ask.

"How old is your daughter ma'am?" I ask.

"Iravai aidellu sir."

"Twenty-five years sir."

"Karan." I call out.

"Sir?" Karan says coming in.

"Eema deggara FIR theesuko." I say.

"Take the FIR from her." I say.

"Sare sir."

"Ok sir."

"Vellandamma." I say to the woman.

"Go ma'am." I say to the woman.

"Thank you sir." She says, putting her hands together, before walking out with Karan.

****

Charan walks into my office.

"Hi bava." He says.

"Hi brother in law." He says.

I look up at him.

"Bava ani pilavanakkarledu le ra." I say.

"You don't have to call me brother in law man." I say.

"Ninnu bava ani pilavakapothe maa amma nannu mukkalu mukkaluga nariki baaviloki vesesthadi." Charan jokes.

"If I don't call you brother in law, my mom will chop me into pieces and throw me into the river." Charan jokes.

I chuckle and shake my head. Aunty is very particular about these types of things. I can see her actually doing this if Charan calls me anything but brother in law.

"Edo kotha case vachindanta." He asks.

"There is some new case it seems." He asks.

I nod as I fill him in on the missing girl.

****

Charan told me to handle the case, and I told him that I will gladly do it.

Karan gives me the FIR and I look at the picture of the girl. She's young and beautiful. If this is anything like the girl rape case that I handled years ago, then I'm going to kill all the bloody bastards involved in it. But first, I'm going to have to find the girl before she gets hurt too badly.

 But first, I'm going to have to find the girl before she gets hurt too badly

Hey guys! I know, I know. I've been telling you that I'll try and update more often but I haven't been doing it. I'm so sorry. I've just had a lot going on in life lately and I barely have time to even think about writing. Plus, writer's block sucks. I won't promise that I'm going to update often because I'm not sure when I can or will update. I'm so sorry once again, but I will try harder, I promise. I just don't know when I can update next because life is so hectic. But I will try being a better author! I love you all!