Regeris set about attaching wires to us, and messing with the computers. "Alright, are you ready?" He asked, and me and Shiro nodded. "Alright. Initiating sequence." The machines started humming, and then the wires started moving, and everything went black. 

Then, I was back in the shack/house. And the man was there again. But this time, he was holding something. I stepped closer and realized, that that something, was me. "He's adorable, isn't he?" He asked. "Yes. Lucky for him, he has your human genes. Otherwise you'd be holding a purple furry child." a voice said, and my dad laughed. "Yeah, I guess you're right. Do you wanna hold him?" "Of course. He's my son." My dad stepped forward, and everything went white.

Then I was outside, in a parking lot. "Hey Keith. You ready for your first day of day care?" He asked. The little kid next to him, apparently me, who was 3, maybe 4, shook his head  silently. "No? Why not?" He asked, kneeling down next to me. "I don't wanna go." I muttered. "But you have to. That way you can learn, and you can make friends." He said softly. "Is mommy gonna be there?" I asked, and his smile fell. "No buddy. She's up there now." He said, gesturing to the sky. I looked up. "She's in space?" I asked, and my dad laughed. "Yeah buddy, she is. but if you go to day care, then you get to go to school. And at school, you learn, and if you do well, maybe one day you'll go to space too." He stood and offered me his hand. "Now come on, let's get you to day care. You don't want to miss your first day do you?" I shook my head and took his hand, and together we walked into the school.

Then, I was outside, surrounded by a bunch of different people There was a building on fire,, and everyone was watching it intently. "As you can see, the fire behind me has grown into massive proportions. The apartment complex is almost completely burned down, and there are still three people trapped inside." Some reporter said, then some men came bursting out of the building, carrying people. "Oh, but it looks like the fire crew had gotten two more of them out. There's only one person left inside." "Dad! Dad!" I called, and he looked at me and smiled. "Hey buddy." "CHIEF! TEX! There's still one more person inside, but the buildings about to collapse. What do we do?" Another man said, running up to him. "We get them out." My dad said, a look of determination setting on his face. "But-but sir, it's to dangerous. If we send someone in, they might die." "And if we don't send someone in, then that person is definitely going to die. We have to at least try. I'm going in." "But-but sir-" "I know the risk. And I'm willing to take it." My dad said, and the other fireman relented. "Alright. Be careful chief." My dad smiled. "I always am." Then, I ran over to him, tears on my face. "Dad! Daddy!" I cried, and he smiled at me, picking me up and pulling me into a hug. "Don't go!" I cried, clinging to him tightly. "I have to buddy. But don't worry, I'll come back. Okay?" He kissed my cheek. "I love you Keith." "I love you too daddy." I replied, and he set me down. The other fireman led me farther away from the fire as my father stepped back into it.

It was silent for a minute, and you could've heard a pin drop. Then a BOOM was heard, and another, and another. I heard a scream from inside, and something break. Then a figure appeared in the fire, holding someone else. A cheer went up from the people. My dad had made it, and he had gotten the other person. But then another BOOM went, and the building started falling down. My dad started running towards us, the limp person in his arms slowing him down. One final BOOM sounded, loud and clear, and the building fell, and I saw my father become engulfed in flames. The fireman covered me with his body, and I screamed. Loud and high pitched. "DADDY!"

Then I was in a graveyard, staring at a tombstone. "Here lies Texas Kogane. XXXX-XXXX. Father, friend, and leader." I was maybe 4, and had tears streaming down my face. 

Then I was in a office, alone. A hand appeared on my shoulder, a big one, covered in a black glove. "Hello Keith. I'm going to take you home, okay?" They said, and I nodded silently. 

Then, I saw my first memory with Shiro. We were outside, and we were headed to school. "Come on Keith! Let's go, we're gonna be late!" He called, and I came running out. "I'm coming! I'm here! Shiro, don't leave without me!" I yelled, crashing into him and grabbing his leg. 

Then I see him picking me up, and throwing me in the air

Was that fake? Was any of it real? Was Shiro not my brother? Was my life a lie? Was James real? Was what we had real? More parts of my life passed before my eyes

Was that fake? Was any of it real? Was Shiro not my brother? Was my life a lie? Was James real? Was what we had real? More parts of my life passed before my eyes. First day if school, going to Six Flags for the first time, Michael and John, Cornyval, meeting Adam. My first day at the Garrison, meeting James and the others. The fight, the hover bike, the sims. James and me at Cornyval, my birthday, our first kiss. Sims, Mario Kart with the others. Going to the beach, the workouts. Shiro leaving, them saying he's dead. The cuts, the crying. James's smile and laughter. Adam with his ring, Lance with his little cousins. Kinkade, Ina, Rizavi, Veronica,Hunk, Pidge. Fighting Lance, decking Iverson, getting kicked out, seeing James at the beach. His birthday, finding the blue lion, all of it. Everything flashed in my eyes in just a second. 

But was it real? Was any of it real?