Chapter ~ 14 From Here On Out

I followed Reimi into my apartment and said nothing as I slipped off my shoes.
"Jazz you should go take a warm shower." Reimi said.
I only nodded and made my way to my bedroom. Quickly I grabbed some dry clothes and walked into my bathroom. Shutting and locking the door behind me, I turned on the shower and began to strip out of my wet clothes. How could I think that I could have helped Kyo and worse fall in love with him. Tears began to blur my vision once again as I got into the warm shower. A loud sob left my lips as the warm water soaked my cold body. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes, tilting my head back to wet my hair.
Why must love be such a pain?

Finishing with my shower and drying off, I slowly changed into a pair of shorts and and over sized sweater before I made my way back into the living room.
"Hey Jazz! I dished up some ice cream if you want it" Reimi said, offering me a bowl filled with my favorite flavor of ice cream.
Gladly, I took it from her and sat down.
"Thank you Reimi" I mumbled.
"You know it has nothing to do with you" She said after a while of silence.
I looked at my friend confused as I placed a spoon full of ice cream into my mouth.
"Kyo not wanting to see you has nothing to do with you personally"
 "What do you mean?"
"Something happened in his past and he is scared that it will happen again. He does like you, but he is to scared to do anything about it"
"Oh...that I can understand" 
Silence hung in the air as we finished our ice cream and watched a t.v show.  I did not feel like talking at all for I was scared that instead of words coming out, tears would. 

"Okay that is it!" Reimi yelled, getting up from her seat and causing me to jump.
"I am going to get you and him together! My brother needs to grow up and put his big boy pants on!" Reimi said.
I just stared at her in surprise
"Ummm Reimi you don't have to. I am perfectly fine"
"Not going to work! He was starting to lighten up when he met you. Plus I can not live with a hard ass like him for long anymore!"
"Reimi are you serious?"
"Yes I am serious! Tomorrow I am going to talk to him and put the smack down on him!"
"What did you have to drink?"
"Nothing. I am just done with having to bite my tongue when it comes to him. I am going to speak my mind"
"Okay then...good luck"
Fear started to run through my body as Reimi looked at me with a evil smile
"You guys still have the jewelry collaboration. So this is going to work just perfectly"
I could honestly say nothing as I just sat there, looking at my best friend in fear.
What was she going to do?