Slow Day Work Day

Red let out another soft groan as he opened his shop for the day, two fingers moving to press his round, large glasses up his face as he flipped the open sign and moved to sit back down, leaning back in the chair with a creak as he opened his latest book he had gotten himself into 'throne of gods and royalty'.

Red was a small skeleton type monsters. And thanks to his birth city there were plenty enough of the short skeletons running around. Weak physically but still powerful.

He himself had two other siblings on his own. His younger sister cherry, and his older brother Fell. Where cherry was gentle and motherly, Fell, at every turn had proven to the both of them that he was all but.

Red shook his head as he tried to focous on his book, he had forgotten his coffee again this morning, of course he wouldn't be able to read. So instead he let his thoughts flow to his siblings again.

Cherry had actually moved with red to the tiny town of sycamore he lived in, the both of them roomates even! And where cherry red would try to keep the house clean, the both had come to notice that it would slowly just become a mess. And so, with a nervous laugh and another meal of cherrys irresistible ham and cheese toastier for another night. The two just stopped trying.

Now that red had thought about it, though. He hadn't SEEN his brother in five years. Rubbing his face and cheeks of any strey magic that maybe come from his tired eyes as an old cloaked women with silver red hair came in. miss Lopez from down the street, she was a regular so he didn't have to put any effort into a fake smile or cheerful energy. Absent mindedly watching the small human elder shuffle around for his new books he had in as he went back to thinking.

The last time he HAD seen Fell was a horrid note. He knew that his brother had anger issues. He knew they often resorted to violence. And thanks to the three siblings' last year of colledge? He also knew of Fells addiction to Mustard. Which, back in the city they grew up in, was, if red could remember correctly. One of the toughest drinks you could get.

Red didn't mind a drink of mustard from time to time himself, but fell took this to a whole new level. Over thoes last few months red couldn't think of a time his brother didn't reek of the stuff. It was worrisome but it did mallow some of fells hatred towards... well... what seemed to be everything

Fell was one skeleton who didn't have a lot to go off when it came to where we would end up. He didn't have one talent that surpassed everything else he did, he was rather well balanced when he was sober (EXEPT his personality) and on his arm? A single letter! While red didn't like the idea of settling with someone early, he was at least glad he had more to go off. Looking down at his fore arm as he tucked his sleeve up just far enough to see the bones sporting his words. The words were engraved into the bone like a scar would. The letters glowing a soft blue, red could only guess that was the colour of his soul mates magic each time he looked at it. The words reading 'my bad'.

He pulled his sleeve back up to his wrist when mis Lopez approaching with her new selection of books. And with a nod and a happy greeting he added up the price

Fifty, bloody gold. With a smile he brought the price down a little before asking for the money. He loved serving miss Lopez. And if he were honest with anyone? He would say she might be the only reason his bookshop was still in business over the holidays.

Red had wishes he could do more for the woman, she would come in and buy three books a week. On the same day ever week. But when red had offered she would decline with a cheerful smile. From offering to take his freeking monster of a dog curly out for a walk to asking if she wanted him to Help her home when he saw her in the evenings. It was always the same answer he would get.