A Double Date

This was awkward, this wasn't just a little awkward like Red had feared, this was /super/ fucking awkward! Him and blue were sitting beside each other's, their shoulders practically touching as they stayed dead still. Blues face becoming more and more of a saturated blue the longer they stayed still in science. They were waiting in awkward silence for their food to arrive, cherry and stretch sitting opposite them on the table chattering loudly and excitedly. Just as blue had said they hit it off laughing and nudging each other playfully as they discussed the aspects of a video game, they had both seemed to play the both of them huge gaming nerds. And while they had both started out quiet and closed off had very quickly become warm and bubbly towards each other.

As they both got loud once again Blue took the opportunity to lean in closer to Red "hey... about that... uh... thing I sent you a while ago? Uhm- that- that was a mistake" he stammered. Red shaking his head. Sighing as he placed both hands folded neatly in his lap. The scar standing out clear as day.

"no... no, it's okay. I'm just... I guess I'm scared of the idea of... all /that/ happening again" he admitted. Blues expression darkened, his eyebrows sinking further down, concern evident on his face. "that... that was why you were in that shack with them that day, wasn't it?" he asked, voice sinking lower. This was a conversation for them and them alone.

Red fell silent once again as Blue took a deep breath, shifting himself closer to Red. Ready to support the other at the verry moment he would need it. Red sniffled. Leaning against the other. Eyes glued to the ground "I... was stupid to even think Class was my soulmate. He said the words, sure. But I was- I was so sure he was right- he made me think I was so drunk with love" he muttered. Spinning his head more around to Blue's shoulder to try and further hide his face. To hide the Red magic as it fell.

"I... I really hate to hear that, Red" Blue admitted. Red nodding slowly. "thanks" he said flatly. The both of them remaining in this position for a little longer, before they broke apart. Red rubbing his face clean as they go back to the awkward silence between them. Red chanced a glace to the opposite side of the table to see Cherry and stretch eagerly huddled around Stretch's phone. Cherry laughing delightedly as the clip played on his phone. The waiter finally wheeling the cart over to serve them all their respective foods. As well as the raspberry soda for Cherry and red. A honey tea for Stretch and finally. A bottle of mayonnaise was sat between Red and Blue, and after that? A wine glass.

"you drink MAYONASE?! Blue?" Red asked in shock and disbelief "damn, so classy of a skeleton. Not sweet like the pussy drink and not bitter like the macho man"

"ah- my beverage of choice does not define my personality!" Blue said, sounding slightly offended. Red scoffing as he crossed his arms "everyone I have been hurt by have either drank ketchup or mustard, the mustard having a tendency to be the tough guys, and the Ketchup being the nice guys. If you're Drinking mayonnaise of all condiments, I think I could probably feel /safest/ Blue" he explained. Blue going quiet. Making a noise before looking back to Red.

"How about we both agree from now on I protect you from this ever happening again?" Blue asked. Red sighing as he rolled his eyes at the other.

"c'mon Blue ya cant do that, you live two damn hours away" Red pointed out as Blue made a smug face. Humming as he poured his glass, the flush spreading over his expressions "well- for now, at least~" he sung. Red looking at him in shock.

"You- you can't be serious!" Red shouted in disbelief. Blue smiling wider as he looked down to his plate of parmigiana.

"The station says they are far too understaffed out here, and they would be happy to have me here. Me and pap already picked out a nice big house over here even. Big enough for all four of us! That is- if you wanted?" he asked shyly. Looking back over to the other nervously. Before angling his head away, taking a sip of his Mayonnaise. Red didn't respond to the other however the table falling quiet as all skeleton's attention was focused towards their respective meals, not stopping until they were each done and satisfied.