PROLOGUE

"-The total lunar eclipse will begin on July 8, Friday, at 10:59 p.m. and will last until 1:25 a.m. The best time to look will be about 12:15 a.m.", the female reporter said.

She was standing there seriously and professionally although there was also a hint of excitement on her voice.

An Astrophile, too...

Inayos ko ang salaming dumudulas pababa ng ilong ko.

"And that is all for the weather news. This is Nik-"

I didn't even let the her finish her news report as I immediately clicked the exit button. The screen showed the list of my saved videos, mostly about the upcoming astronomical events.

After a few remaining 'back' and 'exit' clicks, my laptop showed me my homescreen with the date and time posted on the lower right corner of the screen.

July 08
10:57 p.m.

Shit! Magsisimula na!

I hurriedly grabbed my journal notebook and my guitar.

Kailangan kong masimulan 'yon letche! Hindi pwedeng hindi!

Dali-dali akong tumakbo papalabas ng kwarto. Mabilisan man ay maingat kong tinahak pababa ang hagdan nang hindi gumagawa ng anumang ingay na maaaring makagising sa kanila. Maging ang pinto ay marahan ko lamang binuksan at sa maliit na awang ko pinilit makalabas.

Pesteng gitara to! Mas malaki pa yata sakin at kahirap-hirap isiksik.

The cold wind of the night welcomed me outside as I walked a few steps away from the main door. I took a glance around.

"Payapa..." bulong ko sa sarili ko.

Nagpatuloy ako sa paglalakad patungo sa garden ng bahay.

Ang mga mumunting damo ay tila kinikiliti ang talampakan ng aking mga paa. Napapangiti ako sa pakiramdam na dulot noon.

I stopped when I reached a certain spot in the garden. I smiled bitterly as I reminisced the past.