“yeh jo tu khadoos banta hai na, woh sab fake hai, pata chal gaya mujhe, taaki koi tere zyada nazdik naa aa paye, koi teri life mein zyada na ghuse andar, aur tujhe lagta hai ki tu yeh karne se apne aap ko protect kar raha hai, but aisa nahi hai” her fingers were gently kneading his scalp as if trying to put her thoughts into his head.

“tujhe pata bhi nahi hai, ki tune kitne logo ko hurt kar diya hoga itne time mein. Aur tere papa ko yeh bilkul accha nahi lagega, ki unke bete ki wajah se kisiko dukh ponche. Hai na?” she asked turning his face to her.

He just kept looking at her, spellbound by her words.

She may not have the worldy knowledge he possessed but she had just lead him to a different perspective. Like an epiphany.

“Main kya bolu aur, tujhe toh sab pata hi hai, tujhe teri mummy ne, di ne shayad samjhaya bhi hoga, ab maine bhi koshish kar li. Try toh karke dekh, and I promise, main khadi rahungi tere sath, jab bhi tujhe woh 10 saal wale sidharth ki feeling aayegi.” She rested her chin on his head, putting her arms around his neck, like a binding of assurance.

“Kal tu mere sath chalega gaanv mein, aur agar tujhe ghabrahat ho, toh yeh 10 saal ke Sidharth ka haath main kass ke pakad lungi aur bolungi I LOVE YOU Sidharth, main tere saath hu” she finally hushed her confession in his ears, burying her face in the crook of his neck feeling shy.

Sidharth couldn’t believe his ears for a moment. Did she say what he heard? In a heart beat he turned around to look at her grinning ecstatically.

Her face was still bent low as she tried to suppress her blushing smile.

He joined her on the lounger, pulling her close to him as she hid herself in his chest.

Sidharth couldn’t help but smile at her.

A moment ago she sobbed like a child, then bore his anger with fierceness, then calmed him down with her soothing words and now she was nothing more than a crimson mess because of her own words.

He loved her, every shade of her which he had discovered so far and which he will discover going further deep in this relationship.

The next evening, After being called out by Sidharth for the 10th time in an hour, she finally stepped down from her room.

She looked gorgeous in a rose pink salwar suit. The pink hue of the dress matched with the natural blush on her glowing skin. Sidharth took a moment to come out his trance as he approached her.

He quoted Ruskin Bond “And when all the wars are over, a butterfly will still be beautiful” in his deep voice.

He was a writer after all.

In a clean sweep, he synapsed all of their pained thoughts from yesterday and her beautiful self today in a single sentence.

As they approached the village, Sidharth could hear drums beating at a distance.

It took him a while to realize, it was the beating of his heart that thumped in his ears.

He was antsy.

But he had faith in her words. He tried to recollect the verses from Japji Sahib she recited yesterday, but failed.

As they reached closer, he breathed laboriously.

But her soft hand slipped into his, linking their fingers. She tugged gently at his arm, as he tilted his head to her “I love you baby, main hoon tere saath”.

He smiled as a sense of calm took over him.

There was a cheer in the atmosphere as they reached the village.

They were greeted warmly by the villagers, man woman alike.

They all seemed happy and content as they thanked them both for their generous and thoughtful act.

It seemed to him like they had overcome their hurdle in life.

He finally let go of her hand he held so tightly till now as she mingled with the ladies and kids.

He knew she visited them regularly and was familiar with them. They mostly spoke in Marathi which was the local language and she obviously understood only 1 or 2 words out of it, but still she could communicate effectively with just her smile.

He remembered her words “Meri life mein jitney bhi log aaye, mujhe har ek ki life touch karni hai, kuch aisa karna hai ki meri wajah se unke life mein sukoon ho”

She had achieved that, her peace.

It made his heart swell with pride, that this girl had chosen him to love and to be loved.

When Shehnaaz finally came over to where he sat speaking to the village head, she saw him a bit relaxed than earlier.

He was still hesitant, but there was no thumb twitching, no pained expressions.

Shehnaaz didn’t know if she had succeeded to pull him out of the dark he had subjected himself to, only time will tell that, but she knew she had made a good start. 

___________________'_'________________________

Surpriseeeeeeeeeeeee

Enjoy another chapter, to make up for the time I lost due to my exams. Couldn't post that day.

Nevertheless, I hope u guys are enjoying my story. Please do vote, comment and follow back and help my account grow. Please do recommend my story to fellow readers or on instagram.

Keep the love coming

Many thanks

Sidnaazkidiwani

Hamesha Wala Pyaar (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें