Chapter 15: birthdays

"Happy birthday to you.. Happy birthday to you" They continue singing as they bring in my birthday cupcake. I blow out my candle and Nailyn smashes the cupcake in my face.

"It's a bit early for cake in my face and it's creamy" She laughs and walks away before I can grab her. They leave out so I can get ready for school. I put on shorts and a lace crop top after taking a shower. I put on my converse and grab a random tote bag.

When I get to school I see Kayree with shay and Meagan. I walk over and Kay hands me a bag.

"Happy birthday boo. You finally 18 huh? Diggy can give it to you"

"Yeah yeah whatever Kayree" I put the bag inside my tote and open the card. I hug her as the bell goes and we head to Mr. Marson's room.

----

At the end of the day I head home with Daniel and Kayree trailing me. when I go in I see mawmaw is here and I hug her.

"Es que tu novio?" is he your boyfriend she asks me. I shake my head and go back into the living room where everyone else is. I see all my presents are behind the table and I smile. I sit in between Kirko and Daniel. Markus calls me.

"Hey Cola. Happy birthday"

"Hey Markus. Thank You"

"I wanna hear your reaction so open my present now. It's the one wrapped in army print" I sigh at his demands. I grab the box. I open the wrapping paper and open the box.

"It's easy to carry omds thank you"

"I know I was tired of seeing that glock"

"What he got you then?" my dad asks.

"he got me a ruger LCR"

"You're welcome cola. I gotta go" He hangs up after i say bye.

"He go yuh a gun na'. What I tell that boy?" my mum says.

"Come on mom it's a nice gun" my mawmaw laughs at my comment.

After dinner it's time for me to open my presents from everyone. I open a glasses case from my uncle. there is a note inside the box saying " what better to get my celebrity niece than some shades for disguise. " I smile and put on the Oakley glasses. They are perfect. My mum got me a set of king apparel bucket hats and a limited addition Adidas tracksuit. My dad got me Derrick rose shoes and my mawmaw got me air maxes in black. Nailyn and Kirko got me new rims for my car. Daniel got me a Louis Vuitton tote and Kayree got me a matching purse. Daniel and Kayree head home. I count my cash and it all adds up to $500 dollars.

"Nailyn said some Peter guy came and dropped this off " my dad hands it to me.

"Oh thanks."

"Who's Peter?" I shift my weight to my other leg.

"Peter is my friend. Friends with Brie"

"He better not be a boyfriend"

"Truss me he's not dad" he raises an eyebrow but walks out of the room. I open the box and inside is a fist on a necklace.

----

After getting in my car from boxing I check my phone.

Get to Acacia Hospital Now. Bring Nailyn and Kirko - mama, 5:16pm

I drive home in a panic. Nailyn and Kirko run to my car and complain at me for being late. I drive over to Acacia Hospital and we run in. I see my dad who I was most worried for. I frown.

"Why are we here?"

"Aunt Lara havin' her baby"

"But I don't like her" I sigh and slump into one of the chairs.

"Why ain't you like her?" Kirko asks me.

"Her and my mom were pregnant at the same time, when my mom was pregnant with me. She had a miscarriage and she juss hated me" Kirko sighs.

"Look dad I'm finna go. I ain't waiting for that baby."

"We might as well all go" my dad doesn't like her either. Nailyn stays because she likes my aunt more thank most of our family members. We go into my car and I pull out. When we get home, my dad hands me my gym bag and as he does so my boxing glove falls out.

"What is that Nicole?" I remain silent. He repeats his question louder.

"A boxing glove" I mumble.

"What the heck is it doing in your gym bag huh Nicole?"

"Look dad I know you ain't want me doing boxing an-"

"You damn right I don't!!! So you've been going behind my back and doing boxing?"

"You know I've always had a passion for boxing. And it's not like I've been doing actual boxing. I'm being trained by a wrestler anyways"

"Who is he?"

"Peter who trained with Dwayne Johnson?"

"Brie.. Brie is Brie Bella isn't it" I nod and he shakes his head.

"Look dad, what happened last time isn't finna happen again. This is juss a hobby to keep me healthy"

"Can't you go to the gym?"

"You told me to fend for myself. Strength isn't the key, it's tactics. I'm sorry I lied but it's something I have a passion for"

"Mayweather really got to you huh?" I nod and he smiles. He came to the boxing ring I practiced at and told me I gave potential. He gave me the gloves he started of with, which are the only ones I use.

"It's on you if you get hurt" I'm taken aback but I'm glad he accepts it. I lean over and hug him. Nailyn sends me a picture of the baby girl. She's cute but looks a lot like her mom.

-----
Little filler. Thought I'd update. Any feedback?