Chapter 21: Avery

Nailyn and Issa in mm
-----
Kayree meets me at the park near Popeyes. I'm sitting on a swing when she walks over to me. She sits down beside me.

"What's up?"

"You're my best friend and I don't like keeping secrets from you"

"Go on.." She says looking at me questioningly as she anticipates what i'm about to say.

"Remember that day when Daniel was pissed off?" 

"Because you left to go help your friend which nobody knows" She says almost as if she's pissed about the situation as well. 

"It's August. I helped him with something at the trap before then some fat nigga called big J tryna hunt my ass down so I went to pay him a visit" her facial expressions drop.

"Not only did you go back into the trap business but you got a fat nigga after you? You didn't kill him did you?"

"No I don't get my hands dirty like that. I know I shouldn't even be in this again but-" 

"But your doing August a favor" She sighs as she rolls her eyes.

"Exactly."

"Aren't Craig and Trell in August's gang?"

"Yeah. They're practically my bodyguards"

"And they ain't tell Diggy? They loyal to you huh"

"To August actually but I know what you mean. I feel bad but I'm already boxing when I shouldn't be"

"Does Markus know about this?" I laugh lightly.

"Now why would I tell Markus? He'd come down here and shoot every muh fucka linked to a trap" We both laugh at the thought. 

"You right. Thank you for telling me"

----
The doorbell goes. I walk over and open it. It's Issa.

"Hey. Nicole right? Is Nailyn in?" He looks at me with his green eyes.

"No you just missed her"

"Do you know when she'll be back?"

"She's Nailyn so I don't think she's coming back today"

"Alright thanx bruh. See you tomorrow."

"Don't call me bruh but your welcome" he turns around and walks back to his car. I watch him pull out my front drive. I close the door.

"It's safe!!!" I yell up the stairs and Nailyn comes downstairs. She hugs me before sitting on the couch.

"Now tell me what's going on" I say. She's never one to cry but you can see from her red eyes that she has.

"Well first of Issa got another bitch pregnant. The guy I've always loved got another hoe in his life who's almost as bad as me." she says to me.

"Look I don't know why you stick it with Issa. He's trouble. Look him and Miriam aren't going out. She's helping him study" She looks up at me to see if I'm telling the truth.

"But I was starting to like Issa. I thought it was just a game but it's not." She sighs.

"Issa is sweet if he came all the way here and he's coming back tomorrow. What about Lucas?" She takes a moment or two to respond.

"Lucas is my kid boyfriend come on let's be real. Issa is perfect apart from his cheating problems"

"If you can deal with his hoe, be his ride or die. Your not his girlfriend you said so yourself. Make-" the front door opens. Nailyn shoots up the stairs, I'm the only one who sees her tears. That's something similar we have; our emotions stay hidden. My mom walks in with aunt Lara. She's got Avery in her car seat.