Chapter 4: the party

Kay texts me asking to meet her at Popeyes. God I just saw her at school and I'm already out again. I sigh and take off my glasses. I rush upstairs and put in my contacts. I grab my keys off the side and drive to Popeyes, I park next to her.

I walk into Popeyes and see Chris and Kay there. Next to Chris is a caramel skinned guy who's well tatted with a perfect jaw line. I walk over keeping my composure. I slide into the booth and sit next to Kay.

"Your late."

"Chris ain't nobody tell me a time"

"Anyways. August this is Nicole the girl who writes and Nicole this is August the guy who sings."

"Hey ma" Lord his accent is heaven. Thick New Orleans accent, thicker than my moms. I answer back and we converse until we've finished eating.

We all walk out and I walk with August. He gives me his number. He's parked next to Kay on the other side. His car is beautiful. Dodge srt8 in matte black. We all depart and I drive home. When I get back in I hear my mom and Nailyn so I slide upstairs quickly and quietly.

----

I wake up to my Twitter feed blowing up my phone. I roll over and grab it.

@Datbitxhmel : @diggysimmons are you going to that party later

@diggysimmons: yeah @datbitxhmel

@diggysimmons: are you going @bbnixki @bbkayr @Gyaldemshay @Gyaldatmeag

@Gyaldemshay: yeah @diggysimmons

@Gyaldatmeag: me and Kay goin. Her phone broken.. Shame @diggysimmons

I sigh. It's my first party here and I really don't wanna go. Meagan and Daniel have both texted me asking if I'm going. I roll out of bed and get changed into something to wear to the gym. As I get dressed in my full mirror I glance at my scar on my lower stomach. I sigh and pull my shorts up a little more.

I take my car to the gym and work out for a bit. My phone rings and its this instrumental I've been working on. I can't think of any lyrics for it.

"Hey beautiful" it's Daniel.

"Hey Daniel"

"Are you going to the party?"

"At least you're coming"

"Yea. Text me the address. I gotta go"

"Don't overwork yourself in that gym"

"I won't bye Daniel"

----

After getting back home and doing my hygiene I walk into the living room. My parents are gone for the weekend. My mum is planning a wedding in Miami while my dad is back at his base.

Nae is at her boyfriend Issa's. I hear a knock on the door as I flick through the channels. I stand up and open the door remembering I told the girls they could get ready here.

Kayree sits down while the girls go upstairs to take a shower.

"Wassup Nicole?"

"Daniel. Everything I do I constantly think of him and it's driving me insane. He's got a thing going on with Melanie and I need to back the fuck up. I can't get in trouble with her again"

"Look honestly I think Daniel likes you but your terrible at playing hard to get. You be chasing a nigga away."

"Imma try I guess."

The girls call us so we go upstairs. We all get dressed. I put on a black bodycon dress with sleeves which stop mid forearm. I put on my sport blue Jordan retro 3 and a beanie which says "ain't no wifey". Kayree and Shay help me straighten all of my hair. I put on simple makeup and a bracelet which Trey gave to me.

Me and Shay ride together while Kay and Meag ride together.

----
We walk up the steps into the house with the party. K camp money baby is blasting through the speakers and the party is hella turnt. While I'm walking I bump into Daniel. He grabs my hand and leads me out to his car. We sit on his boot after he helps me up onto it. He looks me in the eyes with his brown eyes.

"Look ion know what's going on between us but I really like you ma. You got me feelin some typa way. I ain't know what's happened to you in the past but I wanna fix it."

"Daniel I-"

Melanie's voice screeches our calling Diggy's name. He turns around and sees her standing there in some short ass dress that barely covers her fat ass. He sighs and jumps off.

I jump off as well and walk into the party. I see Chris and Tyga. Tyga is cute as hell. He's blasian which is cute and works for him.

He smiles at me. Chris walks away leaving me and Tyga. While I'm talking I see Melanie look over. She pulls Diggy into her body and kisses him... He doesn't stop her.

I feel my eyes well especially after what Diggy said to me. Tyga calls my name and I stand up rushing past and accidentally brushing past Daniel. He calls after me and I run to my car. I open my car door but Daniel closes it.

"Get the fuck off my car Diggy!"

"Come on nini let me explain."

"No there is nothing to explain. You stood there kissing that slut ass bitch and you can't say it was a mistake because you damn near swallowed her. God am I stupid. Fuck you Diggy. Move"

"Nicole can we talk"

I push him out the way and get in my car. He knocks on my window. I shake my head and signal for him to move. I speed out of there and drive past my house. I walk up the steps and knock on the door