𝔱𝔴𝔢𝔫𝔱𝔶 𝔣𝔬𝔲𝔯

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

the dead: part one

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

If I had only felt the warmth within your touch.

If I had only seen how you smile when you blush

Or how you curl your lip when you concentrate enough.

Well I would have known what I was living for all along.

What I've been living for.

Turning Page

Sleeping At Last

1:50 ───────༓───────────── 4:15

THE QUIET PLUCKING OF METAL STRING RANG OUT from the acoustic guitar as Corey sat on her bedroom floor, her back pressed against the cold wall. Madison slept on the bed across the room, an exhausted unmoving ball topped with the weight of a black cat. The musician took in a deep breath. Her mind wandered as she found a melody that fit the way she felt. She wanted to tell Madison the words she had so carelessly let slip in front of Zoe, but she couldn't bring herself to overwhelm the other girl so soon after her resurrection.

Instead, she let the blonde rest. She let Madison lay in the bed they occasionally shared as she let her real emotions flow through the tips of her fingers. She hummed to herself quietly before she found the words she was looking for.

"Make sure nobody sees you leave," she sighed. Her jaw rolled as she looked up at the ceiling above her. "Hood over your head, keep your eyes down." Her nose scrunched as she sang to herself quietly. "Tell your friends you're out for a run. You'll be flushed when you return." She could feel her face flinch involuntarily as she tried to maintain her volume. She kept her voice low, no more than a whisper over the sound of the guitar strings reverberating.

"Take the road less traveled by. Tell yourself you can always stop. What started in beautiful rooms ends with meetings in parking lots." Her volume picked up gradually as she squeezed her eyes shut. She lost herself in the melody, her emotions taking over and engulfing her ears in the combined sound of the instrument and her own voice. She couldn't hear the blonde shuffling in the sheets, barely awake but listening from afar.

Madison rolled over, causing Ophelia to let out a quiet huff. Her eyes squinted to catch a small glimpse of the redhead with her back pressed against the wall across from their bed. Their bed. It was foreign to Madison, having something they unwittingly shared. It came as second nature, something she never thought twice about in the long run. She listened as Corey's quiet voice made its way through the room.

"And that's the thing about illicit affairs, and clandestine meetings, and longing stares. It's born from just one single glance, but it dies and it dies and it dies a million little times." Corey sniffled. Her head tilted to the side to look out the glass double doors that led to the balcony.

She knew that, if anyone else in the coven had heard her playing, someone would enter the room and question her emotional state. She hadn't touched an instrument or hummed a single note in the twelve days that Madison had been missing. As far as Cordelia knew, the blonde was still nowhere to be found. She very well could have been in Los Angeles or New York City and no one would have had any clue.