𝔱𝔥𝔦𝔯𝔱𝔢𝔢𝔫

╔═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╗

the replacements: part two

╚═══*.·:·.☽✧ ✦ ✧☾.·:·.*═══╝

Couldn't even see you through the smoke

Lookin' back, I probably should have known

But I just wanted to believe that you were out sleepin' alone

Loved me with your worst intentions

Didn't even stop to question

Every time you burned me down

Didn't know how; for a moment it felt like heaven

Wrong Direction

Hailee Steinfeld

1:00 ─────༓─────────────── 4:09

MADISON. MADDIE. MAGGIE. THE MYSTICAL MISS ESMERALDA. A character that the blonde had played on a short television miniseries, sure, but also an embodiment of everything Madison was afraid of portraying in the end. She was meek, and callous, and spoke what she wanted as truth, but only after disaster struck and left her 'partner' without hands. A con-artist on the outside; a sad, lonely woman looking for somewhere to call home— family, even— on the inside.

Maggie folded into herself, the pain and sadness evident through her body language and facial features. It was a look Corey had seen a handful of times. The night Madison's mother had sent her to jail; Fiona's first two nights back at the academy; the night the blonde had spent with Corey and Stevie in the recording studio; the night Madison realized that nothing her mother ever said to her would change the way she felt for Corey.

They'd grown stronger, both together and as individuals, in the time between filming the miniseries and where they were currently, but it didn't make Corey any less emotional. Her lip slipped between her teeth as she watched Maddie Maggie practically cowering, taking a seat on the bed next to Jimmy. The blonde's lip quivered as she looked down at the boy with his nubs wrapped in bloodied gauze, forcing a smile. When he returned her small attempt at civility with an angry lip curl, Corey moved her knuckles to rest against her chin.

Usually, she'd be watching these things with Madison, but this was a role that was painful for her to portray. With the blonde seemingly angry with her, Corey took it upon herself to finish the thirteen episode story-arc on her own. The redhead made sure that, no matter what, she supported the other girl's career just as much as— if not more than— the blonde supported her own. That included the viewing of any projects she participated in, no matter what the material entailed.

She pulled her laptop closer to her face, laid back in an awkward position on her bed with the covers pulled up over her chest. The brightness from the monitor was the only illumination in the room, covering the girl's face in a bright white light as she adjusted her position, headphones secured over her ears.

"I'm sorry. I hate hurting you."

Maggie had pulled off the dirty bandages and sterilized the wound with pure alcohol, leading Jimmy to let out a painful yowl. She calmed her breathing, an attempt to keep herself from breaking. Corey sniffled, flexing her fingers so that they rested against her face.

"Oh, really? I thought that was your whole gig— to hurt people."

Jimmy refused to look at Maggie, which caused the pain in her face to roll into anger before transitioning into sorrow. She swallowed hard, a sad determination in her eyes that Corey hadn't ever seen before.