Hanahaki AU: IidaxFem!Diseased!Reader

TRIGGER WARNING: BLOOD, MENTIONS OF DEATH, AND 3 ENDINGS FOR ALL OF THOSE PEOPLE WHO LIKE WATCHING LOVE BURN.

Everyone is aged up in this.

Quirk: Light bending- (L/N) can bend light, blind people, and use beams of light as lasers. Can also turn invisible and use the light in condensed form to create things such as wings, weapons, and more.

--------------3rd POV--------------

(Y/N) (L/N), a very popular student in the 3A course with a quirk so powerful she tied with Bakugo in the entrance exam a few years before, flirt extraordinaire, and madly in love with Tenya Iida, the class president. She flirts with him but he (being the oblivious square we all love) didn't realize she was and did nothing. We start our story at home one particularly sunny day, where (L/N) is walking back to the dorms, overhearing something not meant for her...

--------------1st POV: (L/N)--------------

Another day of UA, and I still can't believe that Iida is too thick to get my flirting through his skull. Being a flirt (that actually knows what they're doing) naturally means I know Denki, my best friend, will probably never get a girlfriend and should probably look for a boyfriend instead. Oh yeah, Denki I know you're definitely not straight-laced.

As I exited the classroom after the bell rang, I heard Iida talking to someone. Probably Midoriya and Uraraka. I heard a girly squeal which confirmed my suspicions and I pressed my ear against the door, listening into the conversation. "...Totally love you back! You should tell her! You'd be so cute together!" Uraraka fangirled over Iida's crush.

"Yes, I'm positive I love her, and I do want her to love me, but I doubt she even notices me." My heart sunk down so low I couldn't feel it in my chest anymore. I backed up into a broom and it fell over with a large crash, jumping and activating my quirk to get out of there. I saw Iida, Midoriya, and Uraraka all leave the room and investigate further. I turned and ran into the nearest bathroom, feeling an uncomfortable feeling crawling up my throat.

I threw open a stall and bent over the toilet, feeling a metallic taste in my mouth and... were those... flower petals? I coughed again and caught one before it fell into the toilet this time. I examined it. It looked like a blue rose petal. I sighed and flushed the toilet before washing my hands, face, and mouth out before speeding to the dorms.

--------------------------------------------------------------

At my dorm, I couldn't stop coughing, and I had to be within ten feet of a bathroom at all times just in case the flowers made an appearance again. I Boogled "Diseases that make you cough up flowers" and found an entry:

        Hanahaki disease: A mythical disease that blooms from unrequited love. Symptoms include coughing up flowers, blood, and vines, cracked skin with flowers growing from it, and crippling pain over time. You will die within a week if love of that person is not reciprocated. The only other way to survive is to get surgery. If it's bad, you'll forget the person, but if it's less severe, you may not ever fall in love with them again.

I just stared at the entry until it sunk in. I had one week to live, but I'd keep my secret to the grave of liking Iida unless I was sure he liked me back, which I'm sure he did not. My heart clenched again and I felt the flowers crawling back up my throat. I hurled myself into the bathroom and bent over the toilet again, coughing up more petals, but this time, an entire blue rose fell into the toilet, thorns scraping and digging into my throat. I choked on more vines and attempted to pull them out to no avail. They were embedding themselves into my flesh and penetrating my airways. I choked and grabbed the scissors next to me on the countertop.