Long-Lost Partner (Snatcher!Reader x Moonjumper)

Start from the beginning

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"What a coincidence. I too came from Subcon! I am the Prince after all..."

Ah, so he was the prince of your hometown! No wonder! But of course, you know you couldn't fully trust them, even though they said they were the prince. What if they weren't? What if they were just an illusion and was tricking you?! Your mother had always told you not to trust strangers but you could tell... by that emotionless face he gave you just now...

...maybe this guy can be trusted...

-TIME SKIP-

After searching through the old wizard's frozen laboratory for a spell, your new friend, who would rather go by the name "Moonjumper" had found a spell to turn your soul into a more humane form. Though, you were scared, you were destined. You didn't felt safe as a small soul either way!

Now, you looked like how you did when you were alive, just that your entire body was a purple entity except your face that was glowing yellow as if you were a jack-o-lantern! It made your supernatural friend giggle, not because of how funny you looked but because of how... cute you were. But you didn't notice- you were just getting used to your new looks as of now that you'd have to get used to.

Now, the forest has been made into a peaceful abode far, far away from the Queen's area which was thankfully separated by a broken bridge. You and Moonjumper had been reviving as much of the townspeople as you can, though some were unfortunate. Like some of your friends, the only people you cared for. But you tried not to look back to the past, you had Moonjumper now! What could go wrong?

You could see two of your minions running around your large mushroom tree you called home, playing a game of tag, perhaps. But you just gave them a light smile and continued reading your book until a certain old friend came to visit, peeking at you from the mouth of your tree until you noticed them from the corner or your eye.

(Y/ᑎ)

"I see you there..."

You gave the Moonjumper a smug smile, making him pop out of his hiding spot. He was like how you knew him. You always forgotten that he was actually a prince and seeing him like this was just... wholesome...

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"I truly can't hide from you, can I?"

Your friend gave you a smile, realizing the book you were reading which caught his attention as he floated closer and closer. You tried to ignore him but he got a little too close for comfort that you just had to ask.

(Y/ᑎ)

"What are you do-"

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"Isn't that... The Book Thief?"

You stayed in your couch, lost for words.

(Y/ᑎ)

"You... know the book?"

"Why, yes! I've read it in my spare time. Whenever... Vanessa... isn't around."

Carefully floating over to you, he sat on the arm rest of your couch, making it creek. He leaned in to see the book more closely with a smile on his face.

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"Why, you're at the ending already?"

(Y/ᑎ)

"Actually, I'm re-reading it... for probably the sixth time..."

He giggled at your words a little after, letting his head rest on his hand, arm stationed on the head of your couch.

༻𝑀𝑜𝑜𝓃𝒿𝓊𝓂𝓅𝑒𝓇༺

"My, never knew you were the one into reading, (Y/N). I would if I could but... being the heir to your father's throne... isn't easy."

His smile fell as he remembered his past. He seemed to be doing that a lot these days. Just spacing out and remembering the old days as the prince of that little village. To snap him out, you nudged him a little, bringing his attention onto you.

(Y/ᑎ)

"You wouldn't have to worry about that anymore. Past is past, present is present, so stop worrying about it!"

"You're with me now... that's what matters..."

He stayed silent for a while, getting off of the arm rest and actually sitting on the couch itself right beside you. The fact that you both were squeezing in the small one-person couch made you let out a small giggle.

Then Moonjumper decided to lean his head on your shoulder, eyes fixed on the words of the book. You slightly tensed up from it but let him do so, letting you both get lost in the words of the book side by side, arm in arm, head on head and heart to heart.