VII

The chaotic evening was making its way as the office hours were finally over

The chaotic evening was making its way as the office hours were finally over. Impatient honking and flickering headlights of the car, painted the roads as the only expression which was evident on the face of the drivers was restlessness. The afternoon sun was also hiding into it's blank of clouds, hoping to get some rest, before it again had to come out and provide its services the next morning. The sun bid farewell in a grand way by spreading it's color over the blue sky, turning it crimson.

Sasha stared at Aiden with shock evident on her face. His words seemed undecipherable and her brain seemed to be unaware of the process of decoding them. Her cheeks copied the sky and her brown orbs stood frozen to it's spot, as her eyelids refused to close. Aiden stared at Sasha as well, slightly puzzled by her glued reaction. His words repeated inside his head as he got an idea of the glitch. He moved his hands in a frantic gesture to clear the misunderstanding.

"That's not what I meant! I was referring if we could be friends?" He said moving his hands in explaining gestures.

A stabbing pain hit Sasha as he declared the boundary. She was well aware that this boundary was forbidden for her to cross. There was a limit to everything and this was her limit. No matter how hard she tried, the only thing she would get in return is failure and distress. A little hope in her, however, still existed, that an unexplainable and marvelous supernatural force would help her overcome this and cross the line that was set so strictly.

"Yeah I understand...I was just a little taken aback" Sasha replied in a small voice.

"Great...so what do you think?" Aiden asked.

"Think of what?" Sasha asked feeling confused making Aiden huff in annoyance.

"About being friends." Aiden said as if it was obvious.

Sasha looked at him intently, printing each and every action he took in a matter of seconds into her brain. Her gaze was analyzing. She noted how he pushed his black hair to the back with his veiny hands every other second and how that would make his forehead appear bigger. She observed how his face crinkled every time he put it for a stretch, how his philtrum would flatten when he bought in his peach lips into a straight line and bit them. His brown orbs had nothing but superior confidence which made everyone around him feel smaller.

"I will think about it..." Sasha replied quietly looking away towards the big window they sat beside.

Her eyes set upon the sunset which seemed sleepy and was almost falling into the embrace of the loving clouds, unlike her who had no loving embrace to hold her, just her cold hands. Her brown irises became more outlined as light from the streets shone upon it. Aiden raised an eyebrow slightly puzzled by her response.