XXIII

The rumbling sound of the thunder vibrated through the city, giving a sudden announcement to the arrival of the rain

The rumbling sound of the thunder vibrated through the city, giving a sudden announcement to the arrival of the rain. The seemingly gloomy clouds looked down to the concrete roads, making it's best attempts to hold in the pain for as long as possible. Everyone knew it was not long until it would eventually breakdown.

Sasha ran a hand through her hair feeling herself on the verge of a breakdown in mid day. Her eyes were already moist from tears, that dropped to her lap shamelessly. A sudden urge to hold onto to someone and let these salty moisture have its way overtook, only to be pushed away by the wave of isolation and loneliness. A mocking smile painted her face at her pathetic situation.

People say that you don't walk alone, there will always be someone for you. Reality certainly contrasts those words. They are just words from dreamy books and songs. At end of the day, a person truly is alone. No one would hear one's call until it's one that radiates happiness. Sasha's mindset was set this way ever since. To her, she was alone and no one would be there when she needed them.

Her eyes already heavy from the tears she let out, while she simply sat on the concrete staring ahead into distance. Her face blank but her mind contradicting the expression, as it intensified the mayhem with every passing second.

Just as she looked down feeling lonely, as if fate was kind enough to her for the first time, a soft hand placed it's pressure on her shoulder making her flinch. Hurriedly, she wiped her tears to avoid the person from witnessing and getting a chance to judge her. She looked up to hazel pits staring deeply into her brown ones with a fake smile, not uncommon. All to failure, the tear stains on her cheeks, her rosy cheeks and the red shadow around her eyes said the unsaid.

Spencer simply stared at her not saying a word, while she just reciprocated the look with a smile not uttering a word either. He took a seat by the empty space beside her still not saying anything.

Silence consumed the air swiftly, bringing in slight awkwardness with it. Sasha licked her lips slightly trying to get rid of the anxiety she was feeling, afraid of the questions that was soon going to be thrown. Her hands fidgeted as the twitching of her legs began simultaneously.

"You know it's okay to cry" Spencer suddenly said.

Sasha's eyes flickered to anywhere but him. Her breathing uneven, as the passing seconds accelerated her pulses.

"Sasha. You know I am always there for you right? You don't have to be afraid of being vulnerable infront of me" His words warmed than fire, melting her like ice.

Spencer rubbed circles on the back of her hand, aware of panic she was feeling. Sasha looked at him with pleading eyes, begging for just one more word of comfort which would allow her collapsing dawn to near.

"Sasha..." He breathlessly let out making her look into his hazel pits.

"It's okay" He said placing her head on his shoulder lightly patting her defeated head.