Like or Like Like~64

Start from the beginning

However, he couldn't tell if he was anxious or overjoyed; his stomach churned wildly, his eyes whirled around as he constantly glanced over his shoulder, adrenaline rushing through his veins- making him jump at the smallest noises and creaks that sounded through the house.

Jisung rushed to the chair beside Chenle that was stationed at the at the desk, and immediately swiveled towards him, excitedly smacking his hands down onto his own knees.

"Tell me everything," Jisung ordered, eyes wide with second-hand thrill.

Chenle's dark eyes twitched towards Jisung, and he crinkled his nose in disgust, slightly rolling his chair backwards- as if that would allow him to escape the conversation.

"I'd rather shoot you," Chenle blatantly admitted, fingers tapping against the arm of his chair.

Used to Chenle's cold remarks, Jisung rolled his eyes before leaning in subtly- reviving another appalled stare from Chenle- and grinned widely.

"Whatever- tell me!" Jisung begged, his large eyes pleading as enthrallment danced within his irises. "I haven't had my first kiss, I don't know who my soulmate is- I'm romance deprived!"

Chenle's eyes narrowed coldly, and the boy sank farther into the depths of his cushiony chair, giving off a hostile aura, despite the seraphic feelings that refused to stop blooming in his chest.

"Read a webtoon; watch a drama," Chenle deadpanned, causing Jisung to groan with exasperation.

A chill ran up Chenle's spine, and, although it was purely imaginary, a light, frigid breath of air creeped over his skin, causing the hair on the back of his neck to stick straight up, making the boy tense.

His stomach was engulfed by a sea of crawling, venomous insects that swarmed his intestines, plunging his mind into a chaotic war of pessimism.

Half expecting to see a face that he very much wanted to forget, his head whirled towards the door behind him, tense, but he saw nothing- nothing other than a corner occupied by darkness.

Iseul wasn't there, and she hadn't been for a very long time, but Chenle felt as if she were creeping up behind him, lurking within the shadows of his mind, preparing to strike at any moment.

Whispers of demons that never existed had haunted him for years, but Chenle was beginning to learn something that, sometimes, if you loved something enough, the fear that separated you from it seemed petty- a mere obstacle meant to be passed by.

Jisung huffed impatiently as eyes slitted, lacing his fingers together as he inched closer towards Chenle- as if they were discussing a forbidden topic, which was rather overdramatic to Chenle.

"At least tell me this much," Jisung bargained, like he was conducting a serious business. "What's it like, having a soulmate?"

Chenle's brow cocked at Jisung's choice of question, lips pursing together as he attempted to even begin to fathom how to answer such a complex feeling.

Finding your soulmate was like a shock of emotion at first sight, and it was terrifying- absolutely horrifying as you felt yourself fall for someone you didn't even know, and you couldn't prevent it.

It was like having a perfect companion through any situation, but such a flawless partner was a stranger, someone that was so utterly unfamiliar, but just felt like home- who had a nasty talent for stealing your heart away.

It was thrilling, like a wild rollercoaster of emotions, but it was also sober at times, making you question yourself at numerous points in time, wondering if any of the unreal connection was a dream, or if you even deserved such a sensation.

Chenle sighed as his eyes distantly stared into oblivion, trying to formulate a way to express the war of feelings that always seemed to arise whenever he was with his soulmate.

"Lovely," Chenle answered, and the corners of his lips quirked up slightly.

What should happen👀

What should happen👀