The girl who just can't move (Seven)

Super Ian's

"So guys, agreed na that The Pastels will be guesting on the concert. Remember we want this to be way huge than your past concerts. Mahiya naman kayo kung bababa ang level nyo. Homeworks... Song line up. At least five medleys. A tribute to whomever you want to give tribute to. Of course, your hits. And please prepare your solos. And for the first time, all of you will sing one song each." Rika cleared out. "Ian and Trey will take part in the concert too- group performance and solo singing as well."

"What?!" I objected. "Riks, we've already talked about me going back behind the scenes. I won't do fronts anymore."

"But it's one of the executive producers demands. They want the whole Neon on that huge stage..." Rika explained.

"Wait... Asan si Robi?" I asked.

"Hindi ko napansin eh. He's been the walk out king for a while now." James answered.

"Hanapin ko lang sya." I stood up.

Everyone went quiet and stared at me. 

"Why are you all looking at me?" I asked.

"Hindi na kami magtatanong. Hihintayin na lang namin yung mangyayari. Popcorn na lang kulang, blockbuster movie na talaga 'to." Ali said.

"Wait... We're not yet done." Rika said.

"I'll think about it, Riks." I said.

"But we're signing the contract the day after tomorrow. I need your answer now."

"What about Trey? Papayag ba sya?" I asked.

"He already said yes."

"Riks, ayoko na talaga eh." I confessed.

"Ian... You said you'll think about it... Give me an answer tomorrow."

"Fine... I'll think about it. Mauna na ko. Byebye." I left the room

Asan ka na naman ba Robi? Bigla-bigla na lang nawawala. 

I opened every door on that floor looking for Robi. I already tried the recording studio, the composition room, the piano room, and the record hall. Asan kaya nagpunta yun? Sabi nung guard, hindi nya nakitang lumabas si Robi ng building, ibig sabihin nandito lang sya. Saan naman kaya yun susuot? I looked down the hall. Nakakamiss din pala 'tong Revert Records. I'm always on the road nowadays. Samantalang dati, labas pasok ako dito. I wonder kung buhay pa yung drum room- the most isolated room in this place. Puro naman kasi luma and sirang drum set yung nakalagay dun. I always stay there pag gusto ko magpakalugmok kay Robi. Maybe it's time for me to pay that room a visit.

I went to the top floor and opened the door at the far end of the hall. I was surprised to see Robi inside the room.

"I found you." I said. "And I see that you found my favorite place in this building... Bakit bigla kang nawala kanina?"

He didn't answer.

"You can't stay quiet all the time... Huy... Kausapin mo naman kaya ako..." I pleaded.

I grabbed his hand and pulled him up.

"Tara, alis tayo." I said and dragged him out of the room.

==============

Super Robi's

"Where are we going?" I asked Ian while she was still dragging me.

This feels so good. 

"Wala lang. I really need a break. I've been too busy since The Pastels, and I'll be busy again soon. Since, ayaw mo naman umattend ng meeting, and ayoko din naman, eh di magbulakbol na lang tayong dalawa. Rika will understand." Ian explained. 

Ian didn't wait for me to answer. She just hailed a cab and away we go to wherever.

"San tayo pupunta?" I asked her again.

"My favorite hang out place when I was in 6th grade." She smiled. "I sure hope you've stocked up your fridge with Chuckie and your cupboard with gummy bears."

"Sa bahay ko?" I tried to make sure.

She just smiled. That sweet smile I've been missing for more than six years now. 

We arrived at my house and she rushed to the couch.

"Have I told you how much I love the feel of your couch? I remember I always fall asleep on this couch during and after homeworks. And then you'll try to wake me up by throwing gummy bears on my face or running an open pack under my nose, making me sniff the goodness of those neon colored bears." Ian said as if reminiscing.

"Stay there. May kukunin lang ako." I told her and went to the kitchen.

I grabbed four cartons of Chuckie from the fridge and the tub of gummy bears on the cupboard. I went back to the living room and set the stuff on the center table.

"Yey... Nakalimutan ko magbaon kanina nito eh." Ian said as she took one Chuckie. "Hindi na ko binibigyan nila Ali nito. Pati din si James."

"May Kokey naman na nagbibigay sayo nyan eh." I said.

"Kerky. His name's Kerky. Yes. He does give me Chuckie from time to time, but it doesn't feel the same. Mas gusto ko yung feeling pag bigay nila James. Namimiss ko yung mga panahon na inaalagaan nila ako. Namimiss ko yung mga panahon na ako lang yung baby nila... But I can't complain. They have their life too."

Her smile faded. I want it back I want her smile back. I opened the tub of gummy bears and threw a piece at her.

"Wag ka na mag drama. Pagbali-baligtarin man yung mga planeta, mahal ka pa din nung mga yun. Ikaw pa din yung baby nila." I comforted her.

"Yeah right." She said sarcastically. "Robi..." She lied down on the couch and took a long sip. "Tell me something I don't know... Kahit ano. Pag alam ko na yung sinabi mo, sasampalin kita."

I chuckled.

"Pano kung hindi mo pa alam yung sinabi ko?" I asked.

"Wala lang. Thank you lang. Kailangan ba reward and consequence?"

"Newton's law of motion yun. For every action there's a corresponding reaction."

"Eh di ikaw na matalino at laging nakikinig kay teacher Gene."

"Palibasa tinutulugan mo yung Physics."

"Yabang... Eh, boring naman kasi sya eh. Ikaw lang 'tong eager beaver sa subject nya! Sige na kasi. Tell me something I don't know."

"I'll tell you, but you have to tell me something too."

"Sige. I'll think of something. Go na. Tell me something I don't know."

"Hmmm... I really wanted to be friends with you the first time I saw you. Huge shirt, jumper shorts, baseball cap and all. Kaya lang, binelatan mo ko eh. Bad trip."

"Kelan yun?" She asked.

"Nung araw na lumipat kayo sa tapat namin. Sobra kang nakasimangot nun."

"Naaalala mo pa yun?"

"Of course. Alalang-alala ko pa. Yun kasi yung unang sobrang nakakainis na ginawa mo sakin."

"Eh ano naman yung second na sobrang nakakainis na ginawa ko sayo?"

"Nung umalis ka papuntang Australia when we were in 6th grade. Kasi naman... Close na tayo nun eh. Tapos, bigla ka na lang pumayag umalis. Goodbye supposedly fun summer."

"Something you don't know about... I've put on a hunger strike when my parents told me that I will be spending my summer in Oz. I didn't want to go. I'd rather spend my summer playing water guns, climbing mango trees, eat gummy bears until our tummy explodes, Chuckie drinking marathon. I didn't want to miss all the fun."

"Kunyari ka pa. Ang sabihin mo, you didn't want to miss me." I teased.

"Yabang!" She threw a pillow at me. "But, that's one of the reasons too... O, sampalin mo na ko. I told you something that you already know."

"Hindi noh. Hindi ko naman alam na totoo pala yun eh. Nagjo-joke lang naman ako eh. And thanks."

"What for?"

"For putting up a hunger strike because you 'sort of' wanted to spend your summer with me."

"Drama mo... Ano pa? Tell me more..."

"Hmmm... Something you don't know... The 'keeper of my heart' drumstick? It's the drumstick you gave me."

"What?!" She sat up.

"Yung pasalubong mo na drumstick sakin from Austrlia, it's the 'keeper of my heart' drumstick."

"Astig... You kept my pasalubong all these years."

"Another something that you don't know... I took drum lessons because of you... "

"Huh?"

"I took drum lessons 'cause I needed something to distract myself from missing you. Yes... I missed you a lot back then. I was just too proud to admit it even to myself."

"Thanks, I guess... But... why drums? Of all the instruments to learn, you chose drums?"

"Another something that you don't know or you might not even remember at all... Elementary graduation. We were talking while the valedictorian was giving her speech. I asked you what's that one thing that never fails to impress you. And you answered drum solos by Keith Moon. I guess I didn't want to miss you, but at the back of my head I still wanted to remember you."

"Another thanks..." She smiled.

"Something you don't know, sobra akong nalungkot nung pinagpalit mo ko sa drums. Kaya kahit gusto ko matutuo mag-drums noon, inayawan ko..."

"I knew that James was inlove with you and that it was only a matter of time before he says it out loud. So, before he can even say anything, inunahan ko na sya. The day I knew that I was inlove with you... you were crying because we had another fight. Sabi mo nun, hindi ka na sasama sa jamming sessions namin, na isaksak ko sa baga ko yung banda ko, and ang damot-damot ko. I laughed coz your make up smudged. Then, you said 'Bakit ka tumatawa?! Crazy ka ba?'. I always seem to realize how much you mean to me everytime I come close to losing you. I guess... I had to lose you before it hit me how much I love you. Ian, I love you. Hindi ko talaga kaya pigilan eh. I love you..."

She just stared at me... Then, she slapped me really hard.

"I know that already." She whispered.

Then, she held my cheek. And then, she kissed me... On the lips... We kissed as if there were no tomorrows to come... We kissed as if our souls missed each other so much that they never want to be apart ever again... We kissed just because we couldn't take it anymore... We kissed maybe because our souls knew that there's no other soul meant for them... Because our souls knew that it would only be Robin Hood and Super Ian- holding hands, together, forever.

==========

Super Ian's 

I wanted to hold on to our memories, so when I woke up that morning with him on the bed, I just sighed and stared at him. This is the view that I wanted to see every waking moment of my life. 

I keep asking myself kung hanggang kailan ba ako matatakot sa katotohanang matagal nang nakahain sa harapan ko. I know James and the others were so sick and tired about me always denying that I am still in love with Robi. Pero iyon naman talaga ang totoo. 

I went to Spain, thinking that if I go there I'll be able to leave everything behind, thinking that if I try to exorcise his memories, his thoughts, I'll be able to free myslef, but I was wrong, I end up falling even more deeper in love with him. 

So I cameback. I found him with the Neon guys, he's now my old Robi. Bumalik na iyong Robi ni Super Ian, pero natatakot naman si Super Ian na magpakatoto dahil ayaw na niyang muling masaktan. 

That's right. I don't want to get hurt pero hindi ko naman mapigilan ang sarili ko sa tuwing makikita ko siya. Everytime he's near me, I feel like I want to kiss him. Everytime I'm kissing him, I feel like making hot steamy love with him. Saan ko pa ba ilulugar ang sarili ko? Si Robi naman kasi, habang tumatagal lalong guma-gwapo. At ako, habang tumatagal, lalong naloloko. 

That's how much I love my Robi. 

My thoughts were interuppted when I suddenly felt his arms around my waist. Nakapikit pa rin ang kanyang mga mata ngunit nakita ko ang isang ngiting gumuhit sa kanyang mga labi. 

"Don't ever think about leaving me. Not today, Adriane." he opened his left eyes and smiled. 

"Paano pa ako aalis eh gising ka na." ngumuso ako. Napuno ng halakhak niya ang silid. I looked around, the walls seemed to be radiating with his laughter, everything seemed to be lighter and livelier. 

"Your are the view that I want to see every waking moment of my life." he whispered as he looked at me. I bit my lower lip, talk about mind reading. I touched his face. 

I want to tell him that I was thinking the same thing, but I chickened out. Natakot na naman akong magpakatotoo. 

"You have to go." I suddenly said. Kumunot ang noo niya.

"What?" bigla siyang bumangon. "After last night? After the other night and the nights before that? After the kisses and the happy times we had for the last month, sasabihin mo sa akin that I have to go? Alien ka!" napatitig ako kay Robi. What the hell?

"Ikaw ang Alien! Rika called, may mall show daw kayo so you have to go because your going to be late and since I was the one who answered your phone, Rika knew that were together, and if you don't make it, she'll kill me. Naiintindihan mo?"

Saglit siyang natigilan na parang bang pino-process pa ng isip niya ang mga bagay na sinabi ko. 

"Oh... Alright." he stood up and looked for his shirt while I was busy watching him. All I can think about is how much my heart beats for him. Mahal na mahal ko si Robi, pero hindi naman maalis ang takot ko. 

When he came back again, bagong ligo na siya. He smiled and just by that he was able to take my morning breath away. 

"See you later, Ian." ngumiti siya. 

"Oh my gosh! Do not kiss me, hindi pa ako nagto-tooth brush!" sigaw ko sa kanya but it was to late, he already did. He gave me a lingering kiss that juggled my whole being. 

He smiled at me. "You have the freshest breath ever." then he winked at me, my heart skipped a beat.