The girl who just can't move (ONE)

"Tulala ka na naman dyan. Dark clouds shrouding over you again?"

"No... I got an e-mail from James. He's getting married." I turned to Trey.

"I know. He sent me an invitation. He's getting married to a girl named Irish. Do you know her?"

"Yeah. She's... Was Robi's fiancé." I sighed at the thought of how ironic it was.

"So... are you going? I mean, you and James are best friends and you've been away from them for ages now. Don't you think it's about time you go back and face every one?"

I thought about what Trey said. Am I ready to go back already? Everything's fine between Robi and the guys. He's back in the band now. Making hits after hits. Still, he's singing my song. He took my title. He's now known as 'the man who can't be moved'.

"What about you? Don't you think it's about time you tell them about Angelika? It's been a year now. They're your friends too, Trey. Kung hindi pa kita pinuntahan dito sa New York, hindi ko malalaman na wala na..."

"Ian, please... I know it's been a year already and I've accepted that she's gone. But my heart is still hurting every time I hear that given fact. Time doesn't really heal all wounds. You just get used to it. I'll live... Trust me." He gave me an assuring smile.

Trey turned on the TV. Life really has its ways of showing you how ironic the universe is, 'coz as soon as Trey turned on the TV, it was Robi's face on close up- singing 'The Man Who Can't be Moved' yet again.

"Don't you think that fate is trying to tell you something?" Trey asked me as if trying to shoot some sense in my head.

"Whatever fate has to say, I'm not interested." I stood up.

"You still haven't answered my question." Trey stood up as well.

"I did. I said I'm not interested."

"No. You still haven't answered my question about going to James' wedding. It's James' special day. Decide because of James and not because of Robi. Besides, you and Robi still live in the same planet. Not unless you move to another planet, the chances of you and Robi meeting again will never be scored to zero."

"Haiii... Sana naging alien na lang talaga ako para isang tawag lang sa planeta namin darating na yung mother ship para ilayo ako dito."

"Wag naman. Ikaw na nga lang nasasabihan ko tungkol sa pagiging miserable ko, tapos balak mo pa mangibang planeta. Tinalikuran mo lahat-lahat ng meron ka just to escape from Robi. Fame. Friends. Alam mo Ian, sooner or later, you'll have to go back and face the chances of you and Robi bumping into eachother. It's inevitable."

"I know..."

"Yun naman pala eh. So why not do it on James' wedding?"

"Trey..." I sighed. I wanted to beg him not to make me go back.

"Ian. You're very important to James. Everyone in the band knows that. He always took care of you, watched over you, and supported you. It's time that you return that favor."

Typical Trey- always knowing the right words to say to persuade us into doing something that we don't feel like doing.

"I'll do it if you go with me to the wedding and tell them about what happened to you... I can't do this without you Trey. James is getting married and he was the one who always held my hand and handed me tissues every time my dam of tears is cracking. James always knew how to make me feel better. Now that he's getting married, he can't do that anymore. Meron na syang Irish ngayon eh. Meron na syang Irish forever."