The girl who just can't move (TWO)

After the hugs from Rika, Rapah, Audrina and my five super gwapo unofficial boyfriends, we went out to the beach side where the ceremony will be held. I stood by James as he watched his lovely bride stride in white sand. Irish looked like a fairy, a very gorgeous fairy. We caught each other's eye and smiled. Then, I realized that Robi was marching in front of Irish. What the hell? Does this mean that he is Irish's maid of honor? Or guy of honor, rather? What the hell again?! Why do I even care?! I took a deep breath and focused on Irish marching towards James. If I would be asked to describe the word happiness, I would instantly point to James and Irish. They're the perfect description of happiness right now.

The ceremony ended and the after party started. It is a tradition that the maid of honor and the best man would propose a toast or share a story or simple words to the couple, but in this case the best girl and the guy of honor will do the tradition. I raised my glass first.

"I just want to share this incident that happened in Spain a year ago. As everyone know, I went missing in action after the tour and then after three months James went missing too. Well... James wasn't really sick unlike what the press said. And no, he didn't go to prison or rehab unlike what our rivals have spread. James went to Spain looking for me. That's how good of a friend he is. He just went to Spain not knowing how he could look for me nor where to start, but then he saw Irish from that second hand shop wearing a really, really beautiful wedding gown. He went out of the car he was on, mesmerized with what he had seen. Right there and then, I knew that you've finally found your Gail, my best friend Yi Jeong."

James looked at me with surprised expression.

"Gulat ka noh? Nandun ako. I saw you chasing Irish on the street. And I knew that if I give you more time to be with her, you'll see how she can simply light up your world. And, as always, tama ako... James, take care of Irish. Take care of your happiness. Irish, take care of my best friend. He always took care of us, now, it's time that someone takes good care of him. Masarap magmahal yan si Maxcardo. You're lucky to have the privilege of feeling that love forever. And as for you Maxcardo, mahalin mo pa ng sobra-sobra si Irish, dahil wala ka ng makukuha na ganyan kaganda. To Mr. and Mrs. Jaime Maxcardo. Music. Happiness. And lots and lots and lots of love. Cheers!" I cheered as I raised my champagne glass.

"Cheers!" Everyone chorused.

I went back to my seat feeling proud of my speech. Then, Robi stood up and went up front to give his speech to the happy couple. He looked anxious.

"How do I start this? I don't even know what to say..." Robi sighed.

I couldn't bear looking at him. I turned my gaze to the sea.

"James and I were best friends from way back. Magkasundo kami when it comes to music. We like the same things. And we even liked the same girls. I think it's right to assume that everyone here knows about the happy couple's love story. I never thought that Mr. It's Complicated and the Spanish Senorita would end up together. But, when they did, I realized that they're perfect for each other. James is the type of guy who falls so deep that he would take all the painful blow for the person he loves. He's selfless when it comes to love. Irish, on the other hand, will give everything for love. Two people with so much love to give deserve so much love in return. Both of you can fill this island with love. Of all the pain the two of you have been through, I'm sure that everything becomes worth it when you look at each other. I'm happy that you've reached you happily ever after. To Mr. and Mrs. It's Complicated No More, love, happiness, more love, more happiness, and even more love. Cheers."

Everyone clapped again. I felt like my heart was going to burst. I couldn't breathe. I stood up and walked to the shore. I need to breathe. I need to be far away from all the things that reminded me of this painful thing in my chest.