Chapter 2 - Sleepless in Akihabara

While Honoka Kousaka is busy contemplating on whether or not to accept the position of being the new student council president. Tsubasa Kira is having a hard getting control of what she is beginning to feel for the energetic leader of Muse. But being the leader of A-RISE complicates things for her. Aside from the fact that her group is the first winner of Love Live. And this could affect her performance in their next live.

Tsubasa's Thoughts:

*This can't be happening to me. I'm the leader of A-RISE. Yet why am I getting all jittery for that girl? Who is she anyway? I'd like to call her a nameless idol wannabe. But I can't! Ugh! Get a grip Tsubasa! You can't fall in love with a potential rival. Think of what your fans are going to say if they see you dating a rival. They might think that you're letting go of your idol status. How can I suppress this? I shouldn't have watched that video. God damnit! I'm going to sleep this one over. I'm going to try and get my mind off her.*

End of Tsubasa's thoughts.

As the brunette leader of A-RISE continues to ponder on how to suppress her feelings for Honoka Kousaka. The jolly ginger is in a state of shock after being officially chosen by Eli Ayase to be the new student council president. And this upsets her teacher as she continues to space out during class.

Teacher: Miss Kousaka!

Honoka: Huh?

Teacher: Miss Kousaka if you're not going to pay attention in class! Then you might as well get out of this room and stand outside until my class is over! Do you understand?!

Honoka: Yes ma'am...... (Gets out of the room.)

As Honoka gets out of the room. Her classmates start to wonder what happened to her. She stands outside still spacing out. Eli had just gotten back from the chairwoman's office sees the former standing outside of the classroom. She notices that Honoka is staring blankly and seems to be aloof. She feels sad about choosing her to the next student council president. The latter wanted to talk to her. But decided not to go for it. Talking to her might complicate things for the already shocked ginger haired girl.

Time Skip:

Rooftop 5:00 pm

While the eight members of Muse are on the rooftop. Honoka didn't bother to join them. She went home instead and thinks carefully before making the right decision. Eli looks down from the rooftop with a sad face. Umi and the others come to her side and tries comforting her.

Nozomi: Don't be so hard on yourself Elicchi. I'm sure that in due time she will accept the position.

Eli: I know that Nozomi-chan. But when I saw her standing outside of the classroom with a blank stare on her face. I feel that she's too shocked about the idea of being student council president.

Umi: I guess it's Honoka-chan's turn to feel inferior about herself.

Kotori: Let's just give her time to process everything.

Nico: I would feel the same thing as her if was chosen to be the next student council president.

Maki: Cheer up Eli. She'll be her normal self again.

Rin: That's right Nya! There's no to be sad Eli-chan Nya.

Hanayo: Why don't we all just have a burger at the usual place?

Eli: I guess you girls are right. After all she is Honoka Kousaka our jolly ginger haired leader.

Nozomi: Well now that's settled. I say let's go with what Hanayo-chan suggested.

All of them: Yeah! Hihihi!

As they eight girls head to the burger joint where the founders of Muse usually hangout after school. Two leaders of their respective idol groups are now walking in the streets of Akihabara in opposite directions. One is heading for her house/sweets shop. While the other is going to a cafe where she usually hangs out when she wants to be alone. The brunette girl buys what she wants and leaves. She soon finds herself in front of an idol shop and looks at the idol merchandise.

Tsubasa: "Ok...... What the fuck am I doing here? Why am I looking at those merchandise of that school idol group? I know I said that they're a worthy contender. But what am I really doing here? I don't want to be seen here. I better leave before my fans sees me.*

The brunette girl leaves the idol shop before anyone recognizes her. She heads to a street where a black limousine is waiting for her. She gets in and sits at the back. She tells the driver to take her home. The driver then starts the car and drives off to the Kira residence in Shinjuku.

????: This is the first time that you have asked me to take you home Lady Tsubasa.

Tsubasa: I know Alfred. I don't feel like going to another place right now. Just take me home.

Alfred: Hai! Lady Tsubasa.

The limo reaches the Kira residence and goes inside the garage. Tsubasa gets in the house and heads straight up to her room. She takes off her school uniform and goes to the bathroom. After taking a bath and drying herself. She lies on her bed to get some sleep. Meanwhile Honoka reaches her house and greets her parents and sister.

Honoka: I'm home......

Mrs. Kousaka: Welcome back sweetie.

Honoka: Mom I'm going upstairs and sleep for a while. I'm going to eat dinner after an hour.

Mrs. Kousaka: Ok sweetie. Just make sure that you take a bath first.

Honoka: Ok mom.

Honoka does what she is told. She dries herself and wears her regular clothes. She lies on the bed and tries to get some sleep. Unfortunately because of what happened earlier she couldn't fall asleep. Tsubasa is also experiencing the same thing. She too can't seem to get over the fact that she's falling in love with Honoka. Even though they haven't met personally. Both of them go down and eat dinner. Then they go their rooms and try to get some sleep.

Unfortunately both of them can't get some sleep. And they end having trouble in getting some shut eyes. Both of them have become sleepless in Akihabara. And this is because of two different things. For Honoka it's being official named as the new student council president. While Tsubasa, it's falling in love with a girl whom she hasn't met. However, in a few weeks time. The two girls will finally meet. The only question is, if they will fall in love with each other.