¤Eight¤

A week later, Downstairs

Moseley and Miss Baxter were smitten. It was their day off and they decided to go to London for the day. They set off nice and early. Well, early - five o'clock isn't exactly nice. They took the train. This was so exciting!

Thomas was grumpy. So, nothing had changed. This time he was growling about the lack of goodlooking men downstairs. Not aloud ofcourse, everyone thought that he was upset about the shorting in staff. Daisy still dreamed of running a farm with her newfound mathamatic skills. Moseley helped her sometimes. Charlie and Elsie were planning their wedding. Rather, Elsie was planning and booking, while Charlie watched and payed.

Meanwhile Mr and Mrs Bates were happy. They went about their duties, but they spent every spare moment together. They wanted to put Mr Green behind them and think about the future. Number one on the list was a baby Bates. Anna wanted a child more than ever. She wanted their family to expand, she wanted the hectic bliss of parenthood, from rocking the baby, to bringing the child to school, to attending the childs wedding.

John wanted children too, not as desperately as Anna maybe, but the idea of being a father thrilled him. He might be the oldest father in the school yard, and repeatedly mistaken for a grandparent due to his cane, but he wanted it anyway. He loved Anna with all of his heart, and would do anything to make her happy.

Daisy sighed as she looked around her. So much love. Carson and Mrs Hughes, Anna and Bates, Miss Baxter and Mr Moseley. At times like this she missed William even more. All that was left really, was Mrs Patmore, her and Thomas.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The Dowager House

Mrs Isobel Crawley sat. The Dowager Countess smiled opposite her, and Dr Clarkson sat uncomfortably in the third chair. The sun shone through the bay window and all was quiet. Then Spratt entered with tea and cake and conversation began. Slow conversation. Dr Clarkson watched Isobel. She was, in his eyes, perfection itself. A well educated, political and opinionated woman, with a dashing smile, and a love for helping others through medicine ad charity.

On the downside, she never noticed him. He was simply Dr Clarkson, the doctor. He was barely considered a friend. Lady Violet could organise a million social luncheons with them both invited, but Isobel would remain oblivious to him and the feelings he had for her. Violet had hinted numerous times but Isobel shrugged it off, taking it for one of the Dowager's ramblings.

When Isobel announced her and Lord Mertin's plans to marry, Dr Clarkson's heart was crushed seemingly beyond repair. At the news of Isobel calling off the engagement, the doctor could not deny that his heart was miraculously healed and did a victory dance inside his chest. Despite this, he had yet to voice his emotions and 'make his move' as they say.

And so they sat. They engaged in slow, bored, slightly awkward conversation. They drank tea and ate cake. More minutes passed.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

London, Kings Cross Station

Miss Baxter held Mr Moseley's hand tightly when they exited the train. They had finally reached London. It was nice to be there without worrying about the family and their luggage. There were people everywhere. Joseph smiled at her and they made their way towards the taxis.

They went to a restaurant for lunch. They chatted across their meals about Downton, their childhood and everything in between. They laughed often and at one point Phyllis almost spilled her drink while laughing at one of Joseph's stories. They were happy in each other's company, happier than either had been in a long time.

After lunch, they journeyed to a park. The trees towered over them as they strolled down the pathway. The park was bursting with natural beauty, tokens of early spring and ghosts of an icey winter. Gravel crunched beneath their soles, wind blew. Phyllis watched her companion as he spoke. She smiled to herself.

They sat on a bench. Silence reigned for a few moments. Then Phyllis spoke, "Do you ever wish you lived upstairs?" Joseph thought about it for a moment. "I used to. But then I realised that I wouldn't be sat here with you if I did" he smiled sweetly. Phyllis blushed. "You're such a charmer. Flattering me like that."

"Flattery is exaggerating someone's good points to make them feel good. I don't flatter you, I simply tell the truth." Joseph replied. Phyllis smiled. "I like spending time with you."

"I like it too" he answered. Phyllis rested her head on his shoulder. He wrapped his arm around her and pulled her in close."I like it very much indeed", Phyllis added.

"I like you very much. I might even love you". He whispered. "I think I might too. Love you that is." She whispered back. "How jolly", he smiled.

Tada! I FINALLY wrote this. Back in school now and I have been wrecked all week. Sooooooo tired...

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR OVER 660 READS!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, more to come. Ahh, maybe someone for Edith?

Suggestions are welcomed. I will include any characters that you feel are being over looked. Give me some ideas too though because the ole genius brain juice has gone a bit dry lately. (All that evil Geography grr...)

Thank you for reading!
Don't forget to comment opinions below.....

{SaskatFishcakes} xxx

CAST
Lady Grantham ~ Elizabeth McGovern
Mr Bricker ~ Richard E Grant
Lord Grantham ~ Hugh Bonneville
Charlie Carson ~ Jim Carter
Elsie Hughes ~ Phyllis Logan
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James-Collier
Miss Baxter ~ Raquel Cassidy
Mr Moseley ~ Kevin Doyle
Mr Bates ~ Brendan Coyle
Anna Bates ~ Joanne Froggatt
Lady Mary ~ Michelle Dockery
Denker ~ Sue Johnston
Spratt ~ Jeremy Swift
Lady Edith ~ Laura Carmichael
Henry Talbot ~ Matthew Goode
Daisy Mason ~ Sophie McShera
Mrs Patmore ~ Leslie Nicol