¤Three¤

One month later -- Downton Abbey, Upstairs

Lady Mary Crawley scowled. It was her natural expression ofcourse, but now that Tom Branson had left she was stuck with Edith and George. At least she had Henry Talbot and his fancy cars to occupy her time. Edith was being as boring as ever, fussing over that orphan girl and falling in love with old men.  The Dowager was pining over that Russian Prince, ofcourse- she was unaware that anyone had realised that. There was a bad atmosphere in the room everytime Robert entered. He was angry, constantly on edge. Lady Rose's parents' situation made Mary worry about her parents. They hadn't been seeing eye to eye lately. Mary didn't worry too much though, she had the more pressing matter of what to wear at dinner with Henry on het mind.

Meanwhile, Cora sat in the library and read. Over the last month she had been stuggeling  emencely to disguise her guilt, not that Robert would notice if anything was wrong. Suddenly he walked in the door. At the sight of his wife he spun back out again. "Robert- come back! What is going on with you lately?" Cora called. Robert was tempted to continue walking away, but decided to confront her. "What is going on between you and that wretched Mr Bricker? Why does he keep coming here, and sending letters, and taking you on art tours?" He snapped at her.

Cora folded her arms and painted on a smile. "Are you jealous?" She teased, attempting to make him feel silly for doubting her loyalty. "No. But I don't like you spending that much time with another man, it might give him ideas." He retorted calmly. "Oh Robert, you old goose- Simon and I are just friends, and he values my opinions on art. Which is why we go to so many exhibitions together. Friends stay in regular contact with eachother and visit eachothers homes, you know. Don't make my friendship with Simon into something else." She lied carefully. He seemed to believe her. "I am sorry for doubting you Cora" he said after a moment, "but I still don't trust Mr Bricker". Cora sighed, "well, at least you are comfortable with me again".

                  ○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Downstairs

Mr Moseley was polishing His Lordship's shoes. After a moment Miss Baxter walked in, with some sewing in her hand. He thought that she was beautiful. He loved her smile, and her kind quiet ways. She was perfect, and he didn't care about her dark past- now was what mattered. If only he could pluck up the courage to tell her how he felt. She smiled at him and sat down. "Hello" she said sweetly. Mr Moseley blushed slightly, "ahh, hello Miss Baxter- you must be glad that Anna is back, take all that extra work bacck from you". "Yes" she replied.

They sat in silence for a moment. "What's that you are sewing?" Moseley asked, trying to keep up the conversation. "Oh, just a bit of darning for Her Ladyship", she replied. "Ahh, is that His Lordship's shoes you're polishing?" She queeried. She was always nervous when Joseph Moseley was around. He wasn't exactly handsome, but he had a heart of gold- so much so that he forgave her for the stealing in her past. Not many men would fo that. Sometimes, she thought that she was in love with him- but that could not be so. She often wondered if he thought of her like that. He probly didn't. No one loved Phyllis Baxter.

Thanks for reading!! It means a lot, don't forget to vote and comment your opinions! A little bit short, but I wanted to start to introduce the rest of the characters.
{SaskatFishcakes}xxx

CAST
Lady Grantham ~ Elizabeth McGovern
Mr Bricker ~ Richard E Grant
Lord Grantham ~ Hugh Bonneville
Charlie Carson ~ Jim Carter
Elsie Hughes ~ Phyllis Logan
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James-Collier
Miss Baxter ~ Raquel Cassidy
Mr Moseley ~ Kevin Doyle
Mr Bates ~ Brendan Coyle
Anna Bates ~ Joanne Froggatt
Lady Mary ~ Michelle Dockery