¤Five¤

York, the lavatory of a doctors surgery

Cora wept. She didn't believe it at first. Surely she was too old? After her unborn son, she thought that she would never give birth to another child. But here she was, pregnant. She wasn't going to tell Robert, or the girls. Only Simon, for he was ofcourse the father of this unborn child. In other circumstances she would be happy, but at her age there would be complications- never mind the fact that she wasn't married to Simon. Oh what would her mother say!

After a while she dried her eyes, and left.

      ○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

The Dowager House, the kitchen

Spratt growled. His face was creased into a look of utter hatred and disgust. Miss Denker had entered the room. She rolled her eyes when she saw him. "Still looking for something bad about me to tell Her Ladyship?" She sneered, "pitty you won't find anything". Spratt scowled. "I would thank you to remember, that I have better things to be doing, than finding information about you. I have an active social life. I have accaintinances who aren't constantly drunk".

Denker rose her eyebrows. "And what might you be implying? I have lots of friends, more than you anyway- not that that would be difficult..." she trailed off. "What, did you just say Miss Denker? Are you doubting the existance of my friends?" Denker chuckeled. "What's that Mr Spratt? Are you meeting your imaginary friend for a pint?"

"How dare you mock me! I am the butler to Lady Violet, Dowager Countess Of Grantham! You are only a poorly equipt lady's maid!" Spratt fumed. "I'd keep my temper if I were you Mr Spratt. Wouldn't want to burn your wig! Look how red your face has gotten! You look like you are about to explode." Spratt inhaled deeply, his anger intensifying by the second.

"I have had enough of your nonsence! I will not tolerate this, this verbal abuse!" he spat. Then her straightened his tie and marched out of the room. Denker laughed.

      ○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○

Downton Abbey, Downstairs

Miss Baxter walked down the stairs. She couldn't sleep. She hoped that a drink of water might settle her, maybe some cocoa. Suddenly a hand grabbed her an pulled her into a side room. "Mr Moseley!" she exclaimed. "What on earth did you do that for?" He put a finger to her lips. "Shhh... keep your voice down. Follow me." he whispered and gestured for her to follow. She frowned but let him lead her along.

They ended up outside. It was cold, but Mr Moseley had convienently brought a blanket with him, which he draped over her shoulders. "What are we doing here?"  She asked. He smiled, "you'll see. Look, sit down" he pointed to a bench. "I was going to come up and get you, but luckily I didn't have to." They sat side by side on the bench, the blanket covering them.

After a moment Mr Moseley pointed to the sky. "Look! It's the meteor shower. Isn't it beautiful? I heard about upstairs on the wireless, and I just knew that you'd love it." Miss Baxter grinned. "Oh it is just wonderful Mr Moseley. Beautiful.." He looked at her. "Like you" he whispered. She blushed.

She pulled the blanket around her tighter. "Are you cold?" He asked. "A little". He wrapped the blanket around them, closer. She rested her head on his shoulder. He held her close, and they gazed at the glittering stars. And then, somehow. Their lips brushed and they kissed. The stars twinkeled, and the wind blew, but they weren't interested in that anymore.

Daisy watched from the window and smiled. Love was a beautiful thing.

Hi! I kinda ended on a cheesey note there but, hey! Hope you are enjoying this story. Don't forget to vote, and comment your opinions. Sorry if there are any spelling mistakes floating around, my auto correct is banjaxed. All thoughts on the story  are appriciated and ahhh... yeah- thanks for reading!

Ps. I am aware how unrealistic Cora's situation is but I couldn't help myself. It took all the self reastraint I possess to not make Mrs Hughes the pregnant one.

Thanks Again..
{SaskatFishcakes}xxx

CAST
Lady Grantham ~ Elizabeth McGovern
Mr Bricker ~ Richard E Grant
Lord Grantham ~ Hugh Bonneville
Charlie Carson ~ Jim Carter
Elsie Hughes ~ Phyllis Logan
Thomas Barrow ~ Rob James-Collier
Miss Baxter ~ Raquel Cassidy
Mr Moseley ~ Kevin Doyle
Mr Bates ~ Brendan Coyle
Anna Bates ~ Joanne Froggatt
Lady Mary ~ Michelle Dockery
Denker ~ Sue Johnston
Spratt ~ Jeremy Swift

PPS Happy New Year! Hope 2015 is great for you!!