21 - Beach day ruined

We jam out to some music and vibe but it started to rain. Thank god My doors were on my car or else we would be soaking wet. Then lightning struck.

"HOLY SHIT!" Jordan screams. "SHIT! That was so fucking loud" I laugh and payton was dying in the front seat.

"Your- your faces w-when the lightning hit- OH MY- THAT WAS SO FUCKIN FUNNY!" he stops every other word because he was laughing so hard.

"Okay payton. Calm down. It wasn't that funny" I laugh and he takes a breath but then, the rain got even harder and at this point we couldn't really see anything.

"I CANT FUCKING SEE!" I yell. "PULL OVER!" Jordan yells back and I do as told. So many people were sitting on the side of the road in their cars because you literally couldn't see the road 2 feet in front of you.

Then I got a call from Addison:

Addison - Y/N!

You - YES?!

Addison - WE ARE PULLED OVER AND IM FREAKING TF OUT.

You - WE ARE TOO!

Addison - YOU'RE IN FRONT OF ME. I SEE YOUR CAR

You - I SEE YOUR CAR! 

Addison - HEY Y/n! - bryce

You - HI BRYCE

Addison - I THOUGHT I WOULD CALL YOU AND TELL YOU TO BE CARFUL. EVERYONE IS PULLED OVER ON THE SIDE OF THE ROAD, TAYLER AND ALL OF THEM ARE AT IN-N-OUT BECAUSE THEY COULDNT GO ANYWHERE ELSE

you - YEA, IM PROBABLY GONNA PULL INTO WENDIES BUT HOLY SHIT. LOOK TO THE RIGHT! OMG IM BOUTTA DIP AND HEAD HOME INSTEAD

Addison - OH HELL NO! WE ARE GOING TO MY HOUSE! ILL CALL YOU IN A LITTLE. LMK WHEN YOURE HOME

You - BE CARFUL!

Then I hang up and we head to my house. I keep looking to the right of us because there was a funnel cloud forming.

"This shit is fucking scary" payton says and I nod.

"WATER IS GETTING INTO MY ENGINE!" I scream and I try to make it home as fast as possible so my car didn't blow up and kill us or anyone around us.

Thank god we made it home safely but we all were still very terrified.

                            - At home -

We make it to the house and I couldn't pull my car into the garage because it wasn't opening.

"RUN ON 3..1..2..3 RUN!" I scream and we run in the house. It was so windy and it was raining super hard.

The whole sky was black which made it a lot worse and the power was out which was great because my phone is about to die.

We run to the door and I was freezing. I unlock the door and we get in.

"Holy shit!" I say running in and placing my hands on my knees and taking a breath. "That was terrifying" I add and they nod with me.

We all were soaking wet so I head to the bathroom and grab a couple towels and a pair of clothes so we could change.

It was pitch black in the house so I grabbed my phone and used my flashlight.

I get 3 blue towels and get myself a black hoodie and white shorts.

After that, I walk out and give them the towels and we all Change

Payton wore grey sweats and was was shirtless.

Jordan wore a blue crop top and sweatpants.

We all were bored as hell so I had an idea to get out twister and play while the storm passes over. It was still coming down really hard but, it was no Longer super windy.

"SHIT! I forgot to tell Addison We were here!" I say and grab my phone really quick and call her.

Addison - HELLO?

You - Hey, I made it home!

Addison - LUCKY! WE ARE STILL IN TRAFFIC AND CANT GET OUT OF IT

You - WTF!

Addison - YEA! EVERYONE IS SLOW BUT I CANT REALLY HEAR YOU SO I GOTTA GO. LOVE YOU!

You - love you too

And she hangs up. I hope they make it home okay. It always scares me when someone is in the rain and isn't at home

I brush it off once again. As soon as we try and play, the sirens went off.

"Great!" I scream in sarcasm and we head to the basement. I decided to call my mom and tell her what was going on so she had an idea.

Mom - Hey honey, what's that sound?

You - Well, FaceTime me please.

Mom - Okay .. okay there

Mom - why are you all wet?!

You - Well, while we were at the beach, It started to rain. We got stuck in traffic and the rain was coming down so hard you couldn't even see 2 feet In front of you so we pulled over.

Mom - oh my god!

You - it gets worse. While we sitting there, we look to the right of us and see a funnel cloud forming so we head back home and my car nearly broke down because the water was getting into my engine.

Mom - Well shit.

You - Yea, we got here safely but I don't know if my car will make it any longer. We were lucky it didn't blow up while we were in it.

Mom - yes. Well keep your car out of the garage and don't go near it and just don't go outside in general. Are the sirens going off? If s that what I'm hearing?

You - yes, so we are down here. The power is off and we don't have the real flashlights so that's another reason why I called. To see if you knew where they are.

Mom - when you get In the laundry room, go to the baskets and in the blue one, there should be 4 little flashlights and batteries. If they are not in there, then they are in the spare bedroom closet. You should see it

You - I don't see them in here.

Mom - then go look in the spare bedroom

You - oka-

*BOOM*

You - FUCK!

Jordan - AHHHHHHH HOLY JESUS

Payton - HOLY SHIT!

Mom - Oh wow! HAHAHA

I lean down and feel my heart and start to laugh.

You - Sorry momma. Didn't mean to say that but um yea. I found them. They were on the shelf not in the baskets

Mom - oh yea! I forgot but it's okay honey.

You - I love you.

Mom - I love you too. Be safe

You - we will

Mom - okay bye honey

You - bye

I hang up and head into the living room. They were looking at me laughing because I screamed so loud.

"You okay?" They both ask and I nod. I put the batteries in the flashlights and then hand them one and I keep one.

"Let's just relax and try to chill out." I explain to them and the nod.