coffee?

Addison's POV

I wake up to the sound of my phone going off. i look over to my alarm clock and see its only 8:00am. this better be important. i grab my phone and answer it without looking at the name "hello?" i ask groggily. "hey addison, sorry did i wake you?" i hear her voice echo from the phone. i sat there for a moment not knowing what to say. i was really caught off guard.

"hey dixie and yeah you did but i needed to get up anyways. what's up?" i ask as i sit up. "umm sorry I can call you back later" "no dixie i actually needed to get up" i say truthfully. "okay well i was wondering if we could meet up and get coffee or something, i still want to talk adds- addison" god why is she now back in my life. I'm just going to get hurt.

"we shouldn't" "yes we should. look addison i just want to catch up and maybe this will help us get closure or something... please." she begs "okay, what time and where?" "how about the little coffee shop we used to go to back when we just meet and i could come pick you up around 10:00 if that's okay with you?" "yeah sure, I'll text you the address." okay bye addison" "bye dixie" i say and hang up.

why did i just agree to this? and why the hell does she need closure for? she's the one that left me all alone.

9:55

i finished getting ready. i did my makeup casual and i was wearing blue ripped skinny jeans and a black tank top. i hear the door bell and i knew she was here. i wave goodbye and slip out the front door. she looked at me weird probably wondering why i came out so fast and barely opened the door but i didn't want her to see him.

"you ready?" she asked as she gave me a soft smile "yeah lets go" i smiled and we walked to her car. the car ride felt awkward but we made small talk and laughed about how she woke me up and i explained to her that i did actually need to get up but i didn't tell her the main reason.

we got to the coffee shop and went in. a waitress came over and asked what we wanted and left. we turned to each other and both gave soft smiles not knowing where to begin. "so addison tell me how you actually have been" "i already told you I'm doing good" she scoffs "addison i know something is wrong. you don't have the little spark of joy anymore" she says and the waitress come back and gives us our coffee and leaves.

i sigh and look down then back up to her "can we not talk about what's going on in my life right now? we came here to talk about the past, not about us right now" i say kinda annoyed and not wanting to talk about my present problems with someone that isn't truly part of it.

"sorry i just wanted to make sure you're okay" "what does it matter to you, you're not part of my life anymore" "it matter to me because i still care about you addison" she explains and i just scoff again "shouldn't you just worry about your new girlfriend, I mean where is she? does she even know you're here with me?" "yes emma does know I'm here with you and she left after the party last night because she has a photoshoot tomorrow in New York" oh that doesn't sound familiar" i say and take a sip of my coffee.

"she's not taylor. she would never cheat on me. she wasn't even supposed to be at the party last night because of it but she moved her flight so that she could come support me" she says back annoyed.

"you know what dixie this was a mistake. i wish charli never invited me to your party" i say and start to get up but she grabs my wrist before i could walk away. "charli wasn't the one who wanted you to come, i was"

i look at her confused and sit back down and take my wrist out from her grasp. "why?" "because i wanted to see you addison, i wanted to talk to you and get closure and see how you're doing" "closure for what dixie? you were the one that left me" i say firmly and she just shakes her head at me. "you mentally left me months before i left. you barely talked to me or even looked at me. addison you made me feel worthless and it was like you weren't even there even though you were right next to me" she says as a few tears slipped.