dancing on my own

^ the song that basically relates to almost the whole chapter.

5 years later

Dixie's POV

"Emma hurry up we're going to be late to my own release party" i yelled at her from downstairs. "coming" she said as she ran down the stair and quickly kisses me and runs out the house. that girl is crazy. i quickly head out and lock the door. i jump in my car and see her smiling at me "what took you so long" she smirked "oh hush and give me a proper kiss" i role my eyes and smile back at her.

Addison's POV

"hello?" i say once i picked up the phone. "hey adds can you talk?" i hear charli's voice through the phone. "yeah sure, I'm just got home and i'm alone so i'm free to talk. i walked into the kitchen and sat on the couture waiting for charli to tell what she needs to talk about.

"would you be able to go to this party tomorrow night?" she asked nervously. "i'd have to work around some of my stuff but i might be able too. why so last minute?" i ask as i  grabbed a few grapes and popped one into my mouth. "i was scared you'd say no if you hand too much time to think about it" "why? what's it fore?" i ask and popped another one in my mouth as i waited for her answer.

i could hear her take a deep breath in and released it. "it's a release party for umm..." "charli just say what you need to say" i said getting annoyed and popped another one in my mouth. "it's for dixie she's releasing a song" charli quickly said. once i processed what she said i started choking on my grape. "WHAT" i yell as i stop choking. "adds please come. you haven't seen her in 5 years and i miss being able to hangout with both of you at the same time and i know you still think about her and love her" charli begged.

i look around my kitchen as my mind goes crazy. she was right, i do still love her and think about her still even after 5 years of not seeing her. welll except when i see her on the tv because she's been doing acting for 4 years now. still weird to see her on my tv but i'm proud of her.

"soooo?" charli says and breaks me out of my thoughts "charli" i sighed "i shouldn't" i say and lean my head against the cabinets. "please adds just come. you don't need to stay long but i just want you to at least see each other." she begs again "pleeeeeeaseeeee" charli continued "okay okay" i say and she stops "I'll go but if i ruin her night it's all because of you" i say and she starts laughing and i could tell she was jumping around from happiness. she hasn't changed at all.

"what time?" i ask and get off the counter. "it starts at 6:00 pm" she says and i just knew she was smiling. "okay i guess i'll see you tomorrow at 6" "yay thank you addi, bye see you tomorrow" "bye char" i say and hang up the phone.

i sigh as i put my elbows on the island and put my head in my hands. what happens if she sees me and gets pissed. what if she starts crying and runs away. what if she gets so mad she slaps me. ugh what am i thinking, she would never hurt me. well at least not physically. she really did hurt me mentally when she left me but that was over 5 years ago so I'm okay now... well short of. there was another person that really hurt my mental health and I'm still dealing with the effects of that. i seem to never be allowed to be truly happy.

i was cut out of my thoughts again when i heard the t.v. turn on from the living room. why the hell is he awake?

Next Day

I start getting ready for the party in the bathroom. i just wore tight white jeans and a somewhat fancy black top. i did my makeup in the mirror and just made it simple but added red lipstick. i wasn't trying to impress anyone but at the same time it would be nice to catch dixies attention. god what is wrong with me. she hurt me yet i still love her. i mean i guess she was hurting too since thats why everything happened.