Arriving at Coruscant

Vic's POV

I woke up to hearing a baritone, smooth voice coming from the refresher. Kylo was taking a shower and humming. I had never heard him really hum before. It was strangely soothing. I had to fight the urge to go back to sleep as I got my clothes for the day and went to my other refresher. I basked in the warm water, shaking the sleepiness off of me. After drying off I put on some makeup and left. Kylo was still in the refresher. "Usual Kylo. Always taking the hot water" I thought as I went into the mini kitchen. I prepared some toast with my homemade meiloorun melon jam. These fruits were hard to come by and before returning to the First order I had gotten my hands on a decent sized crate of them. I made myself one piece, and Kylo 2 pieces. I poured Boops food into her bowl and added some jam. She loved her jams.

I went up to the cockpit and was greeted by Carmen

"Good morning, beautiful! How did you sleep?" she exclaimed, getting out from the pilots seat.

"I slept well I guess. How much longer until we get to Coruscant?"

"In about 2 hours, sweetie. You need anything before I go charge up?" she asked.

"Nope. Thanks Carmen!" I replied as she walked to her closet.

I heard my blaster door open and the hasty footsteps of Ren going to the kitchen, followed by the excited chirps of Boop. 

"Is this for me, Vic?" he shouted from the other room.

"Yes!" I replied. 

I heard a crunch of toast and then him practically running up to the cockpit with his plate of jelly toast.

"What is this jam? I've never tasted it before." He asked sitting in the passengers seat.

"It's Meiloorun Jam. I made it myself recently. You like it?" I was crossing my fingers hoping he would enjoy it.

"I love it." He scarfed down the pieces of toast as I nibbled on mine.

"We should be in Coruscant in about two hours or so. What are you expecting to find there?"

"Some resistance intel and an artifact, or at least a place to start looking for the artifact that could help us win the war. We will probably be there from a few days to a week" He replied with a mouth full of food. 

"Can you man the ship while I pack some stuff?" I asked

"Sure" he grunted, tearing into his food again.

I went into my room and put a few clothes into a bag along with essentials and some weapons. I packed a mini-droid, the size of my hand, his name was Wesley.

I put on a belt garter under my skirt and put some knives in it. I attached my blaster and sabers at my hip and put a cape on. It was raining in Coruscant right now. I saw Kylo's bag was already packed and I carried it to the ramp with mine. Waking up Carmen, I told her to take care of Boop while we were gone and to protect the ship.

In about an hour, we landed and docked our ship in the political, nicer district of Coruscant. Kylo didn't put his mask on since he didn't want to be recognized and cause a stir. We both put our hoods up and walked out of the dock into the pouring rain, our bags on out back. 

"Lets buy some speed-cycles, we have some ground to cover" Ren said as we walked to the nearby rental stand.

After purchasing two black speed-cycles, Kylo punched in the coordinates to the underworld of Coruscant, and we were on our way.

As we sped down the streets, there was a calming exuberance to the sound of the rain along with the other vehicles and bright lights. The smells were so tempting and at times repulsive. There weren't many people out on the roads, so Ren and I went over the speed limit.

At one stop light, he revved his engine and looked at me. I revved mine and grinned. 

As soon as it turned green, we started our race.

Twisting and turning though the labyrinth of a city, we laughed and chased each other. It felt like when we were teens, pod-racing. He was much better than me at it. But this time I had the upper hand since I knew the streets of Coruscant and the route to the underworld like the back of my hand. As we were about to turn right, I turned into an alley-way and accelerated. There was a group of kids there who loved to hover-skate and had set up an ramp there. I flew over the ramp and used the force to boost myself onto a low rooftop. I was way ahead Ren and as I looked down on him I saw him looking around, worried as to where I was while riding down the street. 

"Look up!" I exclaimed.

He looked up right up at me as I ollied off the rooftop, onto the street, taking one hell of a lead.

I heard him laugh behind me, sort of proud and relieved.

I broke with the front wheel and turned my back one, drifting to a stop in front of a seedy club called "Resist-dance-rave". I had been here a couple of times in my travels before.

Kylo parked his cycle next to mine under the awning, and locking them in place.

"What are we doing here in the middle of the day? No-one is going to be here" I said, taking my helmet off. I really didn't want to be at this club for a specific reason.

"We are going to have a stake out." he replied, holding the door open for me.

Entering the building, the party lights were dimmed and a few regular drunks were at the bar chatting away. The music wasn't its usual crazy. Some guy was playing piano as droids prepared drinks.

I hesitantly turned my eyes to the man tickling the ivory.

It was him.

My ex best friend, my ex-boyfriend.

Mordecai.

"Shit" I muttered.