The Prodigal Daughter

Upon landing in the ship dock, I looked out of the window, and to say I was surprised would be an understatement. There was a military welcoming with no expense spared. I wanted to back my ship out and leave again. 

I quickly threw on black turtleneck, belt (which had a couple of my weapons attached to it), pants, boots and and a cape with a hood. I reached for my straightener, but left it on the counter. I didn't have enough time to make myself look how  my father demanded I appear ever since I was a child. I would go out with my curls. Swiping on some eyeliner, foundation, mascara, and lipstick, I finally opened up the door to my ship, letting the ramp lower onto the ground, steam rising up. I took a step through it, and saw what awaited me. 

Storm troopers lined a black carpet which led to the exit of the ship docking area, into the main vessel. First Order banners lined the walls. Standing at the end of the black carpet was Hux (who was holding Boop), a chrome stormtrooper, Kylo Ren, and my father.

I saw Armitage's eyes widen when he saw me. "Oh my god she's beautiful" his mind screamed.

"My daughter! She has returned!" Snoke cried out, his voice amplified.

The dock erupted in cheers. Hux was enthusiastically clapping, but struggling to keep my porg in his arms. Kylo and the Chrome seemed indifferent and clapped. Dad clapped slowly, sitting in his floating throne. 

"Keep up appearances girl, since you have just failed me in physical appearance." he said into my mind, disdain soaking his words.

I fake smiled a little bit, making it seem like I was happy to be back.

Boop jumped out of Hux's grasp and charged at me, jumping in my arm. It squeaked and chirped, sniffing me and showering me in affection. Then a genuine smile formed on my face and I laughed. "I missed you too, cutie" I said to her.

Walking down the carpet, I shook hands with some Stormtroopers and waved. Finally I reached the end of my path, standing in front of my father. "Hug me, girl. Pretend like you are thankful to be back" He spat into my mind. 

I winced at how acidic it sounded, leaning down and hugging him. I looked at Hux over Dads shoulder. He was teary eyed, which made me cry. "Good, good, Mortia. Cry in joy over our reunion, pretend" Father crooned. "I would never cry over you, old man" I growled back.

I parted from our hug, and shook Hux's , Kylo's and Chromie's hands. When I shook Hux's, he squeezed it fondly, saying "I've missed you, Ren has been driving me crazy". Laughing I moved onto  Chromie. 

"My name is Captain Phasma, I am in charge of the Storm Troopers. It's a pleasure to meet the girl Hux and Ren never shut up about" The voice was feminine under the mask. Pride swelled in me. No woman had achieved a captain status before. "It's great to meet you as well, Ms. Phasma"

And I genuinely meant it. 

But my pride was crushed when I came upon Kylo. We shook hands, and I squeezed his hand. I heard a chuckle under the mask. "You've been gone too long" 

"You make me wish I was gone longer. Phasma tells me you have been speaking of me, huh? What did you tell her?" I muttered to him, letting go of his hand. 

"Now now you two, don't rip each others throats out." My father told us in our minds.

"I'll try my worst" I scowled, walking into the ship towards my quarters. 

Hux sauntered up to my side linking arms with me. "I love your hair. Is it natural? Why have you been hiding it from me?" he asked

"Yes, it's natural. Father ordered me to" I replied, entering my living space. It looked like how I had left it a year and a half ago, except all of my belongings from the ship were there.

I hugged him and got a glass of water from the sink, leaning against the counter.

 "Do you know why he ordered me to come back?" 

"He asked you to return? He told us you decided to." Armitage replied, looking confused, taking a seat on the couch.

"Is that so?" Raising my eyebrow, taking a sip.

"Yes... I wonder why he wanted you to come back" He puzzled.

A knock came from my door and I opened it. There stood Kylo Ren. 

"Your father requests that we see him now" he said to me through the mask.

I nodded and he left.

Closing the door, I sat on my couch.

"Are you not going to go?" Hux laughed.

"My father can wait" I replied, petting my porg.

"Isn't he going to be mad at you?"

"I don't care."

"I really think you should go and see him, Vic" Armitage sighed, rubbing his eyes. He was getting stressed.

"Fine. I think after I see him I want to spend the rest of the day by myself. I'll talk to you tomorrow." I said. 

"Okay. Hope everything goes well" He said, leaving my spaces with me. I smiled at him before walking the opposite way down the hall, towards where my father was waiting.