Ms.Weaver's House (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I could feel her tense up, "I was hoping you wouldn't be able to remember, but then again, I'm not all that surprised with how quick you sobered up. I'm quite impressed." 

She got quiet again, "Adora look, this is my burden I have to bear and I have the situation under control... all I have to do is not make any mistakes and simply do as I'm told and she won't...."

I knew she was lying, that isn't the Catra I know. The Catra I know follows her own rules, doesn't take shit from nobody, and is as reckless and rebellious as they come. She was trying to act brave and in control when in reality, she wasn't in control and was scared. I'm sure anyone in her current situation would be. But having to bear this issue of hers alone?

"Catra, it's okay to ask for help, especially in a situation as serious as this... you do know that right?"

"Of course I know that!" She harshly whispered, which caused me to recoil a bit.

"Look... if it gets to a point where I feel the need to bring the cops in or if I feel like my life is on the verge of ending... I promise you'll be the first one I'll come to, okay?" 

I stared at her dead in those unique eyes, "....Okay. I still don't like the idea of having to leave you alone."

Catra playfully rolled her eyes at me, "I'll be okay." 

---------------------

"ARGH!! I know so much about her now and I want to help her but I have no idea how!"

Catra and I had successfully exited Ms.Weaver's house without waking her up, but of course with little heart dropping moments like when I accidentally knocked over the wooden broom that was propped up on a wall on our way towards the staircase. Had Catra not caught in time we would have both been in some serious trouble and might I add, if looks could kill, I'm positive I wouldn't be here right now, and a quiet Catra is a very scary Catra. Especially when she's mad.

But we eventually made it to my house in one piece, with Catra accompanying me on the way there. 

It was Monday morning and the second I saw my best friends, I knew I needed to vent about what I had learned. I left out the incredibly personal stuff- of course- as best as I could. The events from the weekend still fresh in my mind.

"Well, we can't call the police. We don't have enough evidence to give them and you know how difficult they can be if they don't have enough evidence." Glimmer huffed, leaning against her locker as Bow and I stood beside her. 

"Yeah, sure the scars are a solid piece of evidence but we don't have proof it was Ms.Weaver's doing." Bow added.

"I need to get back in that house somehow, but no matter how many times I've asked Catra already she keeps refusing and walks away." I was pacing back and forth in a mixture of nervousness and frustration, Catra still hasn't shown up to school and although that could mean many things, such as her simply skipping school for example, my mind still went to the worst possible scenarios. I still had twenty-five minutes to see her until class starts.

"Adora, I really need you to stop pacing, you're making my anxiety act up when you do that." Bow muttered.

"Sorry." 

I glanced over Bow's shoulder and suddenly my legs started moving faster than my mind could. When I saw Catra round the corner and enter the hallway, she seemed to be okay. No distant look, no signs of her being sleep deprived, no signs she was in immense amount of pain. She looked okay.

Running up to her, I could tell she was surprised and out of it a bit, but other she looked okay, "Hey Catra, how are you feeling?" 

Catra looked around for a moment before smiling softly at me, "Still have a headache, but aside from that I feel a lot better than I have been these past couple of years."