Then the HO committee actually sabotaged the whole game, and everyone got pissed. Even if we fought the Hillcrest team after she got grabbed by her breasts, there were people who believed that it was her own fault.

But one thing changed after the game. Jessica didn't targeted us much after that, on comparison to what she had done previously. I think it was her way of saying thank you to the team after she got attacked.

And then during the assembly with Hillcrest, the speech she had given got me respecting her. She stood their alone at first, fearless and determined, then more people joined her and I knew how much guts it would have taker her to do that.

But one thing's sure, even if I respected her, I was still afraid of her.

The girl can do anything.

"Or when you're bragging about that hot chick you were banging last night. Or calling us 'lady' like you're a gentleman, but really, you're just trying to diminish us."

Jessica gave Diego a look when she said that, and I also saw Justin glancing at Diego from the corner of my eye.

"Standing up to that kind of bullshit, that's what it means to be a man." 

After Jessica spoke, the coach dismissed everyone. One by one, the boys started leaving and I also got up to go to my next class which happens to be History.

"How can Luke even talk like that?" Estela approached me, as we both looked at Luke who was leaving the room with Diego by his side. I'm sure he was saying something offensive just by looking at Jessica's face.

"It's always been like that." I replied, shrugging my shoulders. "Why do you think Jessica hates us so much?"

"Jessica doesn't hate you guys." Estela stated, but when I gave her look for that she immediately continued. "I mean... She hates the way certain of you behave. Given what happened to her in the past, she just wishes that the team members don't take everything for granted. Overall, she is actually a good person."

"You know, Estela," I replied, chuckling at her unneeded attempt of defending Jessica. "You really don't need to explain how Jessica actually is. I already know she is a good person, and even after what her committee did at Homecoming, I totally respect her for what she does for the betterment of the school."

"That's good to hear." Estela sighed, as we both glanced at Jessica who was now chatting with Justin. "Monty hated Jessica. And I'm sure he would've hated me too for joining the committee."

Estela and I have now become good friends, after weeks of hanging out. We sometimes studied together in the library as we had many classes together and are lab partners too.

She was genuinely a nice person, nothing like Monty, and she had also told me the reason behind her joining Jessica's committee.

After Monty got arrested for what he did to Tyler, Estela felt ashamed. She realised how much Monty changed over the years and she wanted nothing more but actually do something for the students here.

Most people think she joined the committee out of guilt, but she joined because she wanted to. Unlike most, she is actually doing something.

"You going to History?" She asked and I nodded as I grabbed my bag and put it on my back. "Save me a seat then. I'll be right behind."

I went to where Ani was standing at the doorway, who gave me a smile and handed me a pamplet.

Justin and Jessica were still chatting as I started looking at the paper in my hand. Then suddenly I heard Jessica taking my name.

"Charlie!" She exclaimed, looking at me while I gave a confused look.

Did I do something wrong?

"What?" I asked.

"Me and Charlie are going to the dance." Jessica stated as she gave me a look.

Okay. Wait what? When did this happened?

"We... uh... what?" I asked again, because I was really hoping that my ears were ringing.

"Yeah, we talked about it, remember?" Jessica asked, still continuing giving me a look which I was trying hard to decode.

As far as I remember, the last time me and Jessica talked one-on-one was when I still worked at Crestmont. After that whenever we met, one of our other friends would always be there.

And our conversation definitely didn't consisted of tomorrow's dance.

"No, but..." I started, and looked at Justin who was already giving me a knowing smile.

That's when I realised what was happening.

Jessica was using me to get back at Justin.

I knew they had broken up during the winter break, so maybe she wanted to show Justin that he wasn't needed anymore.

Should I tell her that she was probably choosing the wrong person for this?

I looked at Jessica who gave me a small but knowing nod.

"Okay, uh, yeah." I agreed, because clearly there wasn't much choice here. "Great."

"Great." Jessica nodded, and dragged Ani out with her.

"Shit, Justin, I didn't mean to..." I stared at their retreating backs then turned towards Justin. "I can tell her I can't go."

I couldn't still believe that I agreed to go to Valentine's Day dance with Jessica Davis.

"I'm just, like, really afraid of her." I confessed to him, at which he just chuckled at me.

"Dude, it's fine." Justin said, still slightly chuckling at my shocked state. "You should go."

"Are you sure?" I asked him. "I was sort of hoping you'd tell me not to."

He didn't said anything for a while, then patted my arm once.

"Good luck, man." Justin said, then exited the locker room too.

Guess I am actually going to the dance tomorrow.

×××××××××××××××

Honestly, I really think that Charlie and Estela would've had a great friendship. That's why in my book they are actually going to be good friends, even if Alex isn't trusting her much.

What do you think?

Vote & Comment!