Chapter 6

Anna and Daddy smiled. "Sure." Daddy agreed. He was going to add on, noticing that BabyGirl probably had zoned out and subsequently drowned them out but Anna beat him to it.

"Just make sure you ask first, remember?" Anna said, a sign that they had read about her list of triggers and stress points that Daddy gave them. Tommy nodded before he started to scoot over to BabyGirl. She was still wrapped around Daddy's leg but turned her head out of it when she sensed him get closer to her. Tommy stopped halfway and put his hands in his lap.

"Hi." He said. BabyGirl wanted to say hi back but the words just wouldn't come out. Tommy could tell so he decided to continue.

"Do you know Pinkie Pie?" He asked. BabyGirl instantly perked up over hearing the mention of one of her favorite character's. She nodded, starting to wonder where he was going.

"Well, she likes to make her friends smile, and she usually gives them a hug. I thought that since you were sad I could give you a hug an' maybe you would smile an' not be so sad anymore?" Tommy asked, messing with his fingers before looking up at her. Anna and Daddy had remained quiet and it was taking everything in her not to "aww" in that moment without the risk of messing it up.

BabyGirl sat there for a few seconds, thinking, before nodding. Tommy then slowly finished his way to her and gave her a nice, big embrace. BabyGirl remained hesitant for a few seconds before loosely wrapping her arms around him too. She was still nervous, but the hug was helping and she slowly started to smile. Tommy pulled back and smiled when he saw hers.

"I guess sometimes Pinkie Pie is right." He said, sitting next to BabyGirl. She laughed quietly.

"Uh huh.." She said. Both Anna and Daddy smiled at the events that played out before them. Anna smiled at how Tommy had been able to crack a little of BabyGirl's shell, Daddy because BabyGirl had allowed it to be cracked.

Tommy turned to face Daddy. "Can we color please, Sir?" Daddy smiled.

"Sure. BabyGirl," He said, looking down at her. She turned and looked up at him. "Can you show Tommy where your markers and coloring books are?"

She nodded, smiling. "Uh huh."

She then got up and went over to where her toys and arts and crafts things where against the wall, on shovels in organized containers. She sat down in front of them after taking out the containers marked "Markers" and "Coloring Books". She turned and looked at Tommy and when she realized he didn't know to follow or not, she smiled and motioned for him. He then got up and sat down next to her.

"Well that was tooth rottenly adorable." Anna said.