Chapter 32 | Eyes full of pain and regret?

Have I ever told you all to follow me?
Have I ever forced you all to follow me?

I never did as I believe that people will follow me when they think that I deserve their followers. When they think I am worthy of it.

But when you follow someone and then unfollow them after some time, that hurts like hell.
I wasn't going to talk about it but I think it's needed.

It gives me immense happiness when someone follows me but it hurts double when I find some number of followers decreased.

Guys, I even stopped asking you that vote for the chapters if you like them even though I have a very small number of votes.
80.4 K ~ 80,4000 views and only 4.34 K ~ 4,340 votes.

So guys, follow me only when you genuinely want to.

And thank you for reading this book.

•••••

Third Person's POV

"My story is nothing unique. What happened to me in my married life is something very normal for everyone else." Trupti leaned back on the wall with closed eyes and let out a sigh of defeat.

Mallika, Nahush, and Trupti were seated on the mattress laid on the floor in another room in the same hotel which Nahush had booked so that they could get an extra washroom for use.

Nahush and Mallika brought Trupti to this room after making Nakul get back to his normal self and leave him in the care of the others. Telling the events happened a few minutes back, Nahush asked his sister for an answer. He asked her to let her sorrows out which she had kept hidden for years. He needed to know what happened between his sister and his brother-in-law before coming to any conclusion.

Nahush and Mallika placed their hand on hers, encouraging her to speak her heart out. But could she speak her heart out? Could she tell everyone what happened? She wasn't sure if she could tell it in front of her brother. But she did.

"We were happily married. Vedant was the best husband any girl would wish for. He loved me a lot." A smile appeared on her face.

"Vedant's mother and elder brother's wife didn't like me which reason I don't know. But it's a normal thing to happen, right? Most of the women don't like their son's wife for some unknown reason. Whatever I do whether it's cooking, cleaning, or taking care of Vedant and his family, his mother always criticizes me in whatever I do. From cleaning the house, doing every housework, cooking food, going to the office, again cleaning the house to preparing dinner, I used to do everything but never was appreciated. My Father-in-law was understanding and he cared for me but he never asked or scolded his wife for her wrong behavior towards me.
I know I am not a good cook and I even tried to improve but none of my efforts was appreciated. I was the hot topic for my mother-in-law and sister-in-law to gossip about with their family and friends and that's a pretty normal thing that happens in most of the family, right? But I always used to let it go. I never said anything no matter how much it hurt me. Even Vedant used to say, 'Ignore her, my love. You know na Mom thinks good for us.'
I never complained to Vedant as I never wished to be the reason for differences between a Mother and a Son. And from his hard work, from his efficiency, he had created a big business of his. As an employer, he created a very successful business of his own without any higher background. He already had so much burden and in that, I didn't want to add more." Cuddling herself, she remembered those days.

"One day I lost my cool. My controlling power lost and I back answered his mother. That answer turned into to big argument between my mother-in-law, sister-in-law, and me. When Vedant came home after work, he was shocked to find the scenario. I had thought to stop the argument there itself as I didn't want to trouble him but then his mother started accusing me of the things I never did and I again lost my cool. I said each and everything I had borne since the day I came to his house to Vedant in front of everyone. I... I just couldn't let her say more lies about me. It became something huge and... and he slapped me. He sha–slapped me for the first time for something that I never did. Fo–for... for being doing nothing but boring things." Tears by tears flowed down her cheeks.