11

Tessa sat on the floor in the funhouse as Zach typed for Stine.

Her head rested Zach's shoulder as she listened to the sound of the typewriter. The lights then turned off making them look around.

"You wish" slappy appeared making Stine gasp "he found us, quickly, follow me" Stine said and started to leave until slappy appeared in the window part of the funhouse.

"Papa, you left without saying goodbye, trying to hide from me that's like hiding from yourself. I'm your best friend and you turned your back on me. You stuck me on a shelf for years and years. And the kids were right there, and you never used it." Slappy said "you're not real slappy, I created you I can write you out" Stine said and the lights shut out once again and turned on abc slappy was in front of them holding out the key "I've been saving this monster just for you. Say hello to-" they didn't hear what slappy was going to say because Stine yelled "run!"

They all started running out of the fun house to see this purple-ish goo.

"Don't let it touch you!" Stine yelled "we need to get to higher grounds" he added and Tessa looked over to Hannah.

"The Ferris wheel!" Hannah yelled and started running towards the Ferris wheel they all started running to the Ferris wheel and started climbing it.

Tessa got into the cart looked down to see Stine In the goo and panicked and looked back as the other entered the cart and Zach started typing right away.

"Zach closes his eyes and the monsters were swallowed back into the world of paper and ink" Zach said as he typed "can you type any faster!?" Champ asked "this is my first time using a typewriter" he said "keep going" Hannah said Tessa looked down to see every monster heading towards the Ferris wheel.

"They're coming for us" Tessa said and Zach started typing as fast as he could "what are we gonna do!?" Champ panicked "finish it Zach" Hannah said "don't pressure him..that'll make it worse" Tessa said.

"One by one the monsters disappeared back into the book never to be seen again...the end" Zach said and took the last paper out "what happens now?" Champ asked and Zach put the last piece in the book. We're about to find out" Zach said.

The praying mantis jumped onto the Ferris wheel making it disconnect from the bottom.

They started to roll on the ground; screaming at the top of their lungs.

"We're all gonna die!" Champ yelled.

Tessa didn't have space to sit on the seat on she sat on the floor holding onto the bar as she closed her eyes tightly.

"Hold on tight!" Zach yelled "where's the seatbelt on this thing!" Champ yelled.

Tessa eyes closed tighter as she heard everyone's screaming get louder she couldn't see because her eyes was close, but also because she was sitting at the bottom of the cart.

They soon hit a large tree making them stop harshly.

They were close to the ground so they got off of the Ferris wheel, hopping on the ground, coughing because of the dust that surrounded them.

"I'm okay" champ said "hurry up, all the monsters we'll be here in any second" Hannah said and Tessa looked at her "you-can't..." Tessa started but Champ cut her off "what are you waiting for? Come on open the book" Champ said

And Zach looked over at Tessa and she nodded.

"Hannah, look there's something you need to know.." Zach started "open the book, Zach" she said "no, you don't understand, if we open the book that means-" Hannah cut him off "means that I'll be stuck on a shelf and placed forever.." she said "you knew.." Tessa asked "how many sweet 16's can one girl have.." Hannah said and Tessa covered her mouth "Zach, just open the book, scaredy-cat" she said with a weak smile "no.." Tessa said and placed her hand over the book.

"Then I'll open it.." she said and opened the book and it flew to the ground "no Hannah!" Tessa yelled.

The book connected with the sky, shooting a bright blue light.

All the monsters started vanishing back into the book.

Hannah started turning blue.

Tessa held the girls hand as her legs started to float up and Tessa held her tightly.

"I can't lose you Hannah, you're like my sister..you were my first best friend" Tessa said "and you were mine...but I have to go..this is how it works, this is how you can be safe" Hannah said "you can't go-we never got to sleep over night in the Ferris wheel-or-or you never got to spend a night" Tessa cried "you have to let go, Tess" tears brimmed Hannah's eyes "I'm going to miss you" Hannah said "no, you're staying" Tessa cried.

Zach grabbed Tessa by her waist and held her tightly as the book started pulling Hannah quickly into the book.

"Listen to Hannah! She has to go!" Zach yelled over the loud sound of monsters as they flew into the book.

Tessa's hand started to slip.

She was terrified of losing her first ever best friend "I promise it'll be okay" Zach said and Hannah nodded.

Tessa closed her eyes a she let go in defeat falling down.

Zach sat down next to the girl and pulled her into a hug.

"She's gone.." Tessa said weakly as she stared at the floor "my first ever best friend, my sister...is gone" Tessa said and Champ ran over to the book and closed it.

Zach moved the hair out of Tessa's face and held her face "it'll get better..I promise, okay?" He asked and she nodded while looking into his eyes to see his watering.

"I'm-I'm Sorry, I'm being selfish..I know you liked her a lot, and I'm sorry for not thinking about how you must feel" she said and Zach smiled and shook his head "I didnt like Hannah like that. I like you, Tessa" he said and Tessa furrowed her eyebrows "m-me? It didn't seem like it..I mean you were always with Hannah" she said with a weak smile "yeah, because I was nervous to be around you..I thought you didn't like me at all" he said "how could you think that? I basically embarrassed myself in front of you, I thought you didn't like me" she said and he smiled.

"I've had a crush on you since you've been here" Tessa spoke truthfully and Zach smiled.

Tessa's arms wrapped around his neck as she hugged him tightly.

They pulled away and looked in each other's eyes.

Zach leaned forward as his eyes looked at her lips then back up to her eyes.

As they got closer both of their eyes fluttered shut as the lips connected.

edited

The next chapter is the last

And I had no idea that this book was as going to be THIS short.