4

(Same outfit as the last chapter because it's the same night)

Tessa picked up the random clothes that were on her floor and threw them in the dirty clothes bucket and she then sat in her vanity chair and started to clean it off, and organize it.

Soon she heard her dads voice.

"Tessa!" Her dad called from downstairs and Tessa got up and started heading downstairs.

She didn't bother yelling 'yes' back to her dad "someone's here for you" he said and opened the door more wide and Zach was revealed making the girls stomach drop.

"Oh, hi Zach.." she said "uhh, hi...I was seeing if you were ready for the dance.." Zach asked and her dad raised his eyebrow at her "oh-oh, yea, I just need my shoes" she said and he nodded "you can come in" her dad spoke and Zach stepped in as Zoey ran towards the stairs.

And she ran up the stairs quickly and grabbed her shoes.

"I forgot all about this stupid dance" she said to herself as she put on her shoes while Mack sat next to her feet wagging his tail.

"Not now boy, I really have to go" she said and she rubbed Mack's head and kissed him and ran back down stairs.

"I'm ready" she said "you're wearing that?" Her dad asked "do I really have to wear something presentable? It's not like I'm going to a red carpet" she smiled at her dad and Zach "fine! Fine...you two have fun" her dad said "we will" Zach said and smiled at the man as they walked out.

"Ok, we're not going to the dance, we're going to Hannah's house" he said and the girl looked at him "Hannah's? I've known her for a long time and I've never been inside of her house..her dance gives me the creeps. He's..mean" Tessa said "I-I know, but I heard screaming..I saw Hannah" he said and Tessa furrowed her eyebrows as they ducked behind the tall wooden fence that Hannah's dad built around their house.

"Are you sure it was Hannah?" Tessa asked.

"Hey, hey, hey!" Zach whispered yelled to someone making Tessa turn around to see Champ in a grey suit.

"Over here" Zach whispered and Champ walked over to the two.

"Wait so how is this gonna work? Are you my wingman or am I yours?" Champ asked "shhh" Zach said while pulling the boy over to the fence.

"Get down!" Zach whispered "Dude no! This is a new suit alright!? Get off" Champ complained making Tessa sigh "where are the girls? Well-I mean other than Tessa" Champ said "uh, yeah, about that I just said that to get you over here. I need your help" Zach said "so they are no girls?" Champ asked "there is one girl" Zach said while looking up at the house

"Aww! My man!" Champ said loudly "shhh" Tessa and Zach said in unison.

"What? What?" Champ asked the two "she's locked in this house, and her dads a psychopath" Zach said "psychopath?" Tessa asked "does she have a friend?" Champ asked "no! I'm serious" Zach said and Champ sighed while looking at the house then back at Zach.

"You know, you said that it'll be girls, and not only that they're no girls but there's a psychopath, and I'm in a suit, and going to the dance with Tessa...that would be like going with my sister-look, how do you know he's gonna leave?" Champ rambled "because I called him and pretended to be the cops and I asked him to come to the station" Zach said "you can get in big trouble for that" Champ said "that's actually just a written warning" Zach said and the front door to Hannah's house opened the Zach pulled Tessa and Champ down quickly.

"Dude that's wet dirt! Wet dirt! Dude my pants are going get muddy!" Champ whined as Tessa and Zach said 'ssshhh' to the boy.

"He's right there" Zach said.

They watched as the grumpy man got into his car and drive off. After he wasn't seen Zach stood up.

"okay, let's go" he said and he ran over to the trash and stood on top of it looking over the wooden fence.

"Alright" Zach said while climbing over the tall fence and jumping down.

Soon Champ went, falling on his stomach and Zach pulled him up as they waited for the girl, Tessa stood on the trash, she put her right leg over the wood then she pulled her other over it, she was now sitting on top on the fence she slowly slipped off landing on her feet in a squat

She stood up and tripped forward into Champ "ouch" she said and Zach caught her hand "be careful" he said and her heart fluttered and she nodded as they begin to walk over to the house.

He's only been here for a couple of days and you're already drooling over him!

She thought.

They walked over the basement door in the back and Zach got a hold of the lock and picked it.

"Woah! Where'd you learn that? New York?" Champ asked him "no, YouTube" he said and opened the basement seeing nothing but darkness.

He then turned on the flashlight.

"Tessa, you come with me, Champ, stay here and watch the driveway" Zach said and Tessa nodded and Champ stopped the two.

"Wait here by myself? O-out in the dark?" Champ asked "yes, champ. You're the lookout. If shivers comes back just give us a sign like-ahwoo awhoo" Zach said and Tessa laughed lightly "okay, just so we're clear if I sense any danger I will run the other way" Champ said and Zach sighed.

He didn't respond he just walked into the basement and Tessa followed behind, scared out of her mind.

They then slowed down once the got to the bottom, they started looking around the place. Soon the bird from the clock popped out in front of them scaring them.

"Oh my god..." Tessa said as her hand went over her heart being scared.

Tessa stood closely in front of Zach as she walked forward slowly.

Zach soon yelled making Tessa yell as she turned around quickly to see the light on Champ.

"What the hell man! You're supposed to be the lookout!" Zach said "yes, I want to make a change..I wanted to be the lookout..I-in here" Champ said "no-no by definition you have to be somewhere out..looking!" Zach said "let me explain something to you Zachariah, you know how they say 'teens have no fear of death' ?? That they're never gonna get hurt? Well not me okay! I was born with a gift of fear!" Champ said and started rambling until Zach cut him off.

All Tessa could do was look around in fear.

edited