8

They all stood outside ready to leave. But something caught their eyes.

Something white falling from the sky.

"What is that?" Tessa asked and Stine began to walk towards the to gate soon walking out of the gate to see a book burning.

"He's burning the books" Hannah said "why is he doing that?" Zach asked "so there's no way to get the monsters back inside, it's slappys revenge. Slappys revenge...that's a good title" Stine said and Tessa looked at the man.

"Come on, we have to stop it if no one else can-or at least knows how to" Tessa said as she walked over to the car.

"She's right, lets go" Stine said.

Tessa got back in the middle seat and sat there as they all entered the car she leaned her head back in the seat as she waited for Stine to start driving.

-

They drove down the messed up town, cars were upside down, street lights were messed up, some cars were on fire, everything was out of order, people were frozen in place, all this happened within only 15 minutes.

They all got out of the car looking at the messed up town.

"Everyone in town has been frozen" Hannah said as they looked around.

"Oh my god! Oh my god! Dad what happened to you!" Champ said and they all started to worry for the boy.

"Wait..oh! Thank god! Guys false alarm it's not my dad" Champ said and they all sighed "what are we going to do?" Hannah asked her dad "without those mani scripts there is nothing I can do" he said and Zach looked over at him.

"If you go get the monsters off the page then maybe there's a way you could write them back on" Zach said and Champ walked back up to them.

"Wait-Yea! Why don't you just do that!?" Champ said "do you have any idea on how many stories I'd have to write to capture every monster that I've ever created?!" Stine said "dad just listen to him! It's a great idea" Hannah said "just one..one story where you capture them all" Zach said "hmm, simple just one story..with every monster I've ever created!  Brilliant! Really good idea" he said sarcastically  "he's a keeper" Stine said to his daughter and she glared at him.

"You have a better idea?" Zach asked "mhm. Mhm. A much better idea-no not now, I don't." Stine confessed "ok well then we gotta get you to a computer so you can start writing...oh look! There's a computer store right here" Zach said "no! No! No! I need my typewriter" he said "what?" Tessa asked "every single story I've ever written was on that smith corona it's not just me. That typewriter is..special. It has a soul of its own" Stine said.

"If I write on anything else it won't work" he said "well where is the typewriter?" Tessa asked "oh, don't worry. It's somewhere safe he said.

"Well let's go" Champ said.

-

Tessa, Champ, Zach, Stine, and Hannah snuck into the grocery store after getting chased by a giant praying mantis, that flipped the car over and they happened to be by a grocery store.

"Who writes about a ginormous praying mantis that tries to kill people" Tessa whispered and champ nodded "why did you have to write about something so freaky.." Champ asked "I guess I just have a neck for it" he said and Tessa sighed and walked away with her hands on her head.