10

Tessa and Champ walked in front of Zach and Hannah as they walked through the big crowd.

"I hate parties" Tessa whined "why!? They're so fun!" Champ said yelling over the music"let's dance" he added "no we're supposed to be warning people, also you said going to the dance with me would be like going with your sister" Tessa yelled over the music "come on!" Champ said while grabbing both her hands and spinning her.

She laughed and pushed Champ playfully.

Zach watched as Champ spun Tessa around and she started smiling, Zach smiled lightly at the girl and continued to talk to Hannah as he did.

"Stop it" Tessa said with a laugh as champ danced around her but also walked towards the stage.

Soon Tessa looked over to see Zach hugging his mom "this way champ!" Tessa said and tried pulling him over to Zach and Hannah, but she lost his grip because of the crowd.

"We have to barricade to school" Tessa heard once she stood next to Hannah "oh no Zach, not this again" his mom said "no, he's telling you the truth, hi I'm Hannah I live next door" she said shook zachs mom hand.

"Listen up! Everyone!" They all turned to the stage to see Champ now holding the mic people started 'booing' Champ for turning the music off and teachers started yelling for him to get down.

Zach stood on the stage and Champ panicked.

"Uh-listen to my best friend Zach" he said and handed Zach the microphone "tell them" he said "thanks champ" Zach said with an awkward smile.

"Um, this is going to sound insane but monsters have invaded Madison" Zach said and everyone started to laugh Champ took the mic from him "guys it's the truth, okay-he's telling the truth..he's not making this up" Champ said and Zach took the mic from him "they've blocked every road out of town, they've torn down cell towers, we've been cut of from the rest of the world, and they could be coming for us in any second so we need to work-" Zach got cut off by someone fake screaming

"Ahhh! He's right! It's the boogie man! And he's picking his nose!" The kid said and everyone laughed Tessa stood up on the stage and looked at everyone "I'm not making-" Zach got cut off again by the same kids yelling

"Ahhh! There's a giant bug and he's eating everybody's car!" The kid yelled "yea it's getting old dude" some random kid called "no seriously!" He said and he got snatched by the praying mantis making everyone gasp in shock. The praying mantis put his eye into the hole it created making everyone scream.

"Everyone calm down! I know what to do but I can't do it by myself! Look those things out there..they're R.L. Stine's monsters. He's here and he can fix this, but we need to buy him time to write, and don't worry he's a very quick writer" Zach said.

-

Everyone ran around with chairs and such barricading the doors. Tessa passed chairs around to everyone quickly. Soon there was a big thud making Tessa jump she looked out of the classroom to see everyone running.

Hearing the teacher on the intercom telling everyone to go the the storage room. She looked at the people in the crowd and she didn't spot her friends. She grew worried and she panicked.

She looked around the classroom and couldn't find anything to deafened herself with so she sighed and started to walk the halls quietly.

She then saw Champ and a girls hand, not just any girls, one of the popular girls who ignored him for everyday of the year. She was surprised but proud of the boy. "champ!" Tessa said and he turned back "Tessa! You're okay" he said and she nodded "come on" the girl in the purple dress spoke and Tessa nodded running up to them.

"Hannah!" They heard Zach's voice "let's go!" Tessa said and started running towards where they heard Zachs voice.

Once they turned the corner they saw a light blue glowing figure on the ground once they got closer they saw Hannah.

So she really isn't real?....

Tessa thought

"Are you okay?" Tessa asked as she grabbed her best friends hand and helped her up "yeah" Hannah said "come with me" Stine said and they started following after the man but Champ stopped Zach "wait she's a-" Zach cut him off "yes, and I don't care" Zach said and they heard a distorted roar making them turn towards the noise to see a bunch of monsters and they began to run.

They made to the gym as the monsters chased after them.

Zach grabbed onto Tessa's waist as she begin to slow down.

"Stupid cramps" she winced in pain "shut the door! Shut the doors!" Zach yelled as they made it inside and they closed the doors to see all the monsters banging on the door.

Tessa hunched over as she added pressure over her cramped stomach "are you okay?" Zach panted and she nodded.

Zach then ran up to his mom as Tessa's hearing went in and out. It was a ringing noise in her ears as if a heart was flat lining.

Tessa closed her eyes tightly as she fell to the ground still holding her stomach.

She felt like if she had to throw up, this was her first time sitting in a while, her legs were tired, her feet were hurting, this couldn't possibly be the time to pass out.

She had a history of passing out if she was exhausted or terrified.

-

"Where's Tessa!" Tessa beard but she couldn't seem to speak she slowly stood up and started walking towards the voices she heard.

"Tessa!" She slowly looked over at Zach "come on, we have a plan" Zach said and she walked over to him and he grabbed her hand and looked at her.

"A-are you okay?" He asked and she nodded, trying to act like everything thing was fine.

edited