Larry fight

Warning: Mentions of self-harm

Louis’ POV:

It’s been two weeks since Harry started to come home late. He do not have time for me. When I wake up he’s gone & comes home very late. Its 11pm now & he has not arrived yet. I was just sitting in living room. I must have dosed off ‘cause I woke up to door closing & I looked at the clock, it was 11:45 pm. “Harry where were you it’s almost midnight. You are always coming home late.” I asked quietly. “Hey, sorry Nick & my other friends decided to go clubbing. You should not wait for me.” He said & started to walk towards kitchen. “I stayed awake cause I was worried about you, you’re never home. You are either at work or with nick. I woke up & you are never here. It’s been two weeks since we have actually talked.” I started to say quietly but towards the end my voice rose. “Well someone have to do the job between two of us. And don’t bring Nick into these, we just went clubbing for god’s sake. Not a big deal. Lou grow up, & the kitchen is so messy what did you do?” he said angrily. “Grow up! How can you tell me to grow up, you don’t have time for me & if you have time to come home early; you choose to spend time with Nick instead. And what do you mean that you are the only one who is working, if you would spend time with me you would know that I started working at nearby café. But you never have time for me, I thought to make dinner for us to eat together.” I had tears in my eyes but I can’t let them fall. “Whatever Lou I’m going to bed. Clean that mess.” He said & went to our bedroom.

I was so angry at him, it was not my fault that he was coming late, not my fault that I decided to do something for him. But I have to do everything. I was angry at Harry & the glass fell from my hand & broke into pieces. While I was picking it up it tore the skin of my palm. After putting everything away, instead to going to our bedroom, I went to guest bedroom. I could not sleep as negative thoughts filled my mind. ‘What if Harry is bored of me?’ ‘Did he found someone who is better than me?’ All the negative thoughts made me tear up, I was bullied in my childhood because of my looks & I was so insecure until Harry came, but now my insecurities are back & Harry is not here to help me. Tired from crying I fell asleep.

Morning I woke up to pounding headache, I did not want to go to work in this state but got freshen up anyway. Our bedroom door was still closed which only mean Harry is still here. Not waking him up, I ate cereals & went to work. It was so boring & the pounding headache was not doing any good for me. My shift ended at 2 pm. I went home & Harry was not there. Sighing I went in kitchen for some snacks & turned on random movie to take my mind off of Harry. I was scrolling through when I saw that Harry posted a pic of him, Nick & some other girl I’ve never met, caption was ‘Having blast with favourite people. X’ I just locked my phone & tried to focus on TV but my mind went back to our fight & his post. I didn’t know when I started crying but the tears fell out of my eyes before I could stop them.

All the negative thoughts & insecurities filled my mind, my hands started to shake & I’ve been cleaned for so long that I don’t want to do it again but I need to. I went in bathroom & searched the cabinets, I found it & even when it was in my hands, there was internal battle in my mind, whether to use it or not.

I just sat in tub & all the memories from my past, my & Harry’s fight came back to me & I did the first cut. After half an hour there were 6 cuts on my wrist. I applied bandages on the cuts & went to bedroom. I climbed on Harry’s side & fell asleep.

Harry’s POV:

When I came home, everything was silent but Louis’ car was in driveway so he was home. I checked living room there was nothing there but Louis’ phone was thrown on the ground. I picked it up & it was working & had few scratches on it. When I opened the phone, his Instagram was on & my post was on the screen. He must have seen it. I put the phone on sofa & when to our bedroom & saw Louis’ sleeping in bed. I went to bathroom to wash my face & saw some blood drops in the corner. My breathing increase & I prayed that he broke something & while cleaning he hurt himself. I quickly went to his side & saw that he was wearing my hoodie. I slid up the sleeve of right hand, it was clean. When I slid up the sleeve of left hand there was a bandage wrapped around his wrist.
I knew that his past was not the best. He was bullied in school, he had no friends & his parents were never home, if they were at home, they used fight much. When I met him, he used to sit alone in class & cafeteria. He was very insecure as he once met a boy, he liked him very much but after a month he came to know that it was a dare to break his heart. He was always very insecure that I might leave him for someone else & I always told him not to worry. But I think I did the same, I left him alone. Tears were falling down my face & I spooned him from behind. After an hour or so Louis stirred in his sleep & woke up. 

I decided to talk to him & said, “I am very for everything. The thing is the place I work at is closing down in a week so the manager decided to keep it open until late & I had to stay there. I am sorry I didn’t told you that. And I went to club with Nick because he have crush on this girl put is too scared to ask her & I just went with him. Today they both decided to go on date tomorrow & that Instagram post & caption was Nick’s idea. I never meant to fight with you, it was just the place is closing in 2 days so the work was hectic & after I went for a drink but had more than I wanted to & when I came home all the stressed came out on you, I am so sorry.” Louis just kept silence & then he said, “I thought that you found someone else & when I saw that post all the memories came back & I know I was clean for so long but I had to do it. I am sorry that I broke my promise.” He said while looking down. I put my hand on his cheek & made him look towards me, “Hey you have no reason to be sorry, I am the one who made this mess. I also broke the promise I made that I’ll always help you when you have urge to cut but I broke that promise. I am sorry. Come on we’ll watch some movies.” I said & picked him & ween tin living room.

We put on a random movie & louis fell asleep half way through it. I was an idiot to put Lou through that pain. I fell asleep thinking a way to make it up.

1301 words.

Hope you like it :)
Love x. D