Chapter 10

The smile on her face dropped as soon as it came and I could feel the eyes of my family and friends on me.

“Fifi—”

“Why are you here?” I asked her again.

She opened her mouth and closed it before she finally found a reply.

“Well Hannah’s my cousin too so I came for her wedding.” She said regaining her composure.

“Well I’m glad you’re here for someone, I believe we can get through this without saying a word to each other.” I said and walked away but she quickly grabbed my arm.

“Fifi I’m sorry.” She said and I looked at those eyes that looked exactly like mine.

“For what? Leaving or being a shitty sister?” I asked her and once again she was rendered speechless.

“For everything.” She muttered quietly.

“Well it’s a little bit late for that.” I told her and removed my arm from her hold.

As I walked away, I looked up to see my parents in front of me.

“You knew she was coming didn’t you?” I asked them.

“Honey she’s family.”

“Family doesn’t leave mum! She left without thinking twice! You didn’t send her away, she just up and left so stop acting like its okay!” I shouted as I could feel my eyes start to tear up.

I knew I was attracting an audience but I was pissed and sad at the same time.

“Honey she’s your sister.” My dad said this time around and I finally looked at them, like really looked at them and for the first time in years I didn’t see pity, I saw concern.

“No dad. I lost my sister a long time ago.” I said calmly and I heard my mum take in a sharp breath, a sign that she was about to cry so I walked away before she let out the waterworks.

I didn’t know where I was going but I just kept walking till I reached a particular area that was surrounded with flowers and a small fountain so I walked over to the bench and sat down.

I let out a loud breath as I let my mind wander while trying so hard not to cry.

Five years ago my sister left the house without a second glance. It was the year everything went down the drain and I was sure my family had been destroyed beyond repair.

The arguments between my parents got worse and slowly, we all became strangers well mostly me because I hated the look of pity they kept giving me.

“Hey Bumblebee.” I heard my cousin call and I turned to see him walking towards me.

“Hi Tomi.” I answered him with a small smile.

“Everyone’s worried about you back there.” He said and sat beside me.

“I’ll be fine. I just needed to get away for a second.” I told him and we settled in a comfortable silence.

“You knew she was coming didn’t you?” I finally asked him after a while and he confirmed my question with a nod.

“We all did. You know Hannah’s like her best friend.”

He was right. Just like Tiwa and I were close, Hannah and my sister were also close and I knew that she’d been talking to her since she left.

“Funny how she talks more to her cousin than her own sister. I haven’t heard a word from her since she left.” I told him.

“You know what our greatest fear was?” He asked me and I shook my head at him.