"What?" asked Rose confused. "You said you-know-who's name!" Said Ron, sounding both shocked and impressed.

   "I'd have thought you, of all people-" Rose quickly cut him off. "I'm not trying to be brave or anything, saying the name," said Rose. "I just never knew you shouldn't. See what I mean? I've got loads to learn. . . I bet," she added, voicing for the first time something that been worrying her a lot lately.

   "I bet I'm the worst in the class." Rose sulked. "You won't be. There's loads of people who came from Muggle families and they learn quick enough."

  While they had been talking, the train took off, and a fairly nice old lady approach their cabin, rolling a cart with her. "Anything off the cart dears?" The old woman startled both Rose and Ron out of their conversation. Rose, who hadn't eaten any breakfast, leaped to her feet. But Ron's ears went pink again and he muttered that he had brought sandwiches.

  Rose never had any money for candy with the Dursley's, and now she had pockets rattling with gold and silver she was ready to buy as much chocolate as she could carry. Rose didn't want to miss out on anything, which is why she bought a little bit of everything.

  Ron stared at her as she brought everything inside. "Hungry are you?" He asked. Rose sheepishly replied. "Starving." She took a large bite of a pumpkin pastry and moaned. 

  Ron blushed, "Do.. Do you think I could have one? Please." He added. 

  Rose hesitated for a moment, but finally decided this new found friendship was worth a few chocolates. "Sure." She handed him half of her food. The tips of Ron's ears became red as he accepted the food, only to moan at the taste right after.

   "I guess you were also really hungry, weren't you?" Asked Rose as she took a bite of a delicious licorice wand, Ron laughed nervously as he nodded. "Don't worry, I am too." She chuckled. Soon, Ron followed and they were both in a laughing fit.

  "What are these?" Asked Rose as she held up a pack of chocolate frogs. "They're not really frogs, are they?" She was starting to think that nothing would surprise her. "No," said Ron's 

  "Let's see what the card is. I'm missing Agrippa." Ron told her. "What?" Rose questioned confused. "Oh, of course, you wouldn't know— chocolate frogs have cards inside them you know- to collect famous witches and wizards I've got about 500 but I haven't got Agrippa or Ptolemy." Rose unwrapped her chocolate frog and picked up the card it showed a man's face, he wore half-moon glasses, had a long crooked nose and flowing silver hair, beard and a mustache. Underneath the picture with the name Albus Dumbledore.

  "So this is Dumbledore!" Exclaimed Rose. "Don't tell me you'd never heard of Dumbledore?!" Ron said. "Can I have a frog? I might get Agrippa— thanks." Rose turned over her card and read:

      ALBUS DUMBLEDORE
Currently headmaster
Of  Hogwarts
————————————————

Considered by many the greatest wizard of modern times, Dumbledore is practically famous for his defeat of the dark wizard, Grindelwald, in 1945. For the discovery of 12 uses a dragon blood in his work on alchemy with his partner Nicolas Flamel. Professor Dumbledore enjoys chamber music and tenpin bowling.

—————————————————-

  Rose turned the card back over and saw, to her astonishment, that Dumbledore's face had disappeared. "He's gone!" She exclaimed surprised. 

  "Well you can't expect him to hang around all day," said Ron boredly. "He'll be back. -No, I've got Morgan's again and I've got about six of her. . . Do you want it? You can start collecting." Ron's eyes stayed to the pile of Chocolate frogs waiting to be unwrapped.

  "Help yourself," said Rose. "But in, you know, the muggle world, people just stay put in photos." Ron looked at Ron in disbelief. "Do they? What, they don't move at all? Weird!" Ron sounded amazed.

  Rose stared as Dumbledore stifled back into the picture in her card and gave her a small smile. Ron was more interested in eating the frogs than looking at the famous Witches and Wizards cards, but Rose couldn't keep her eyes off them.

   Soon she had not only Dumbledore and Morgana, but Hengist of Woodcroft, Alberic Grunnion, Circe, Paracelsus, and Merlin. She finally tore her eyes away from the cruisess Cliodna, who was scratching her nose, to open a bag of Bertie Bott's every Flavor Beans.

  "You want to be careful with those," Ron warned Rose. "When they say every flavor, they mean every flavor— you know, you get the ordinary ones like chocolate and peppermint and marmalade,  but then you can get spinach and liver and tripe. George reckons he had a booger-flavored one once. Ron picked up a green bean, looked at it carefully and bit into a corner. 

  "Blearghhhh— see? Sprouts." Ron gagged.

  They're moment was interrupted by the sound of the compartment door opening, a round faced boy who had tears in his eyes looked at Rose.

   ''Sorry, but have you seen a toad at all?'' When they shook their heads he wailed, ''I've lost him! He keeps getting away from me!'' he cried.

   Rose tried to comfort the poor boy. ''He'll show up,'' She said sympathetically, not really knowing what to say. 

  The boy stuttered, ''Y-yes, well if-if you see h-him..'' He gestured towards himself before stuttering running out, tripping a few times a long the way. 

  ''I wonder why he was so red? Must've been really sad about his Toad.'' She said mournfully. Ron snorted. ''Yes, of course that's why he was so red. There couldn't possibly nor logically have any other reason."

Fortune of Fate (A female Harry Potter fanfiction)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara