siete

i grab some books from my locker and shove them into my backpack. ben leans against the locker next to me. i sip my backpack up and turn to him. "hi." i say smiling. "heyyy, sooo i'm having a party tonight and i want you to come." he says. as he talks i can't help but look past him, to rodrick and heather. "so will you be there?" he asks. "huh?" i ask looking back to him. "oh, yeah. i'll be there." i say. "great! i'll ask rodrick if he can take you." ben says. i smile and nod. rodrick walks over to to us and puts his elbow on bens shoulder. "what're you two talking about." rodrick asks. i put my hand on bens arm. "ben here was just talking to me about this party he's having tonight." i say smiling. rodrick lightly hits ben in the side. "dude! you didn't even tell me!" he says. "i was gonna! i just had to tell the hot babe first." he says and winks at me. "stop it." i say flirting. "could you give y/n a ride?" ben asks rodrick. "uh..sure i guess. can heather come?" rodrick asks. ben shrugs and nods. i shut my locker. "i'm gonna go." i say. "oh! i'll walk you to class." ben says. "actually i'm skipping and going to smoke outside." i say. "oh." ben says knowing he doesn't smoke. "who cares about sixth period anyway?" i ask. "cya." i add and sling my backpack over my shoulder. i got to the farthest stairwell that no one uses. i reach the second floor and go out the door to the roof that says "door will set alarm" but it really doesn't.

i smoke for a bit before i'm startled by a voice. "ms l/n. i'm gonna need you to come with me." the principal says. "shit." i whisper under my breath and stomp out the cigarette. i follow the principal inside, down the stairs, and to his office. "sit." he says. i sigh and sit down. "do you want to try and explain yourself?" he asks. i look down at my hands knowing there's no way out of this. "first you skip class!" he yells. "and then i find you smoking on the roof?!" he continues. the bell rings and kids file out of the classrooms. rodrick and ben walk past the principals office and i try to look as bored as possible. rodrick gives me a worried look. ben grabs him and they walk to their next class. greg passes the office too and frowns at me. once all the kids are in their classrooms i begin to cry and give him some sob story.  "everything's just been so hard lately. i've been so stressed." i sob. he sighs. "look y/n, you're a good kid. you make good grades. i hate to see you throwing all of that away." he says. "i know! i know. i'm trying to hard to get everything back together." i say wiping my eyes. "i'll let it slide this time. but if i catch you again i'm going to have to suspend you. i'll excuse you from the two classes you missed." he says. "thank you so much!" i say. "you're welcome, now hurry up and get to eight period." "thank you so much sir you won't regret it." i say slinging my backpack over my shoulder. "before i go to class can i use the restroom?" i ask. he nods. "but you better hurry if you're ten minutes late to class they'll actually mark it down. right now you've only missed five." he says. i smile and walk out of the office. i hurry to the bathroom to wipe my mascara ,that dripped, away. i quickly walk through the halls to the classroom. i open the door and try to hide the smug look on my face. "ms l/n, you're almost late. take a seat." the teacher says. "i'm so sorry." i say and walk to the back of the class. i take my seat next to greg. "are you in trouble?" he asks. i notice ben and rodrick looking back at me. "nope! i got off easy. all you have to do is tell him some sob story and he lets you free." i try and say quietly. greg just smiles at me and shakes his head.

the bell finally rings and everyone quickly gathers their things and speeds out of the class. i walk out the class with greg and he puts his arm around my shoulder. "you're such a badass." he says. i laugh. rowley catches up to us. "y/n i saw you in the principals, are you okay?" he asks. "yeah i'm fine." i say. we walk to the parking lot expecting to ride with rodrick but heather sits in the front seat. "y'know what, i'm gonna walk. doesn't that sound fun?" i say. "uhh, no not at all." greg says opening the back door to rodricks van. "yeah, it's supposed to rain y/n. you should just ride with us." rowley says. "i've always loved the rain, i'll see you guys later." i say and start to walk off. rodricks van zooms past me.

i walk for awhile until i find a trail that leads to a little bench in the woods. it's still visible to the road but i like how the trees just kinda surround it. i sit down on the bench and put my backpack next to me. i feel little raindrops on my face and i sigh.

the rain comes fast. within ten minutes i'm completely soaked. at some point i start crying and my tears get mixed with the raindrops. it's like fucking waterfalls outta my eyes man. i start to shiver from the cold rain. a familiar van parks on the street by the trail. i put my head in my hands and cry harder. rodrick walks up to me and sits down on the bench next to me. i can't look up at him. i don't want to. he puts his arm around me. "let's get you home."